Antique Grandfather Clock

P

Paul Lopez

I am looking for information, any and all, that I can find on a Grandfather clock. The following information is all that I can find on the clock and it is ztamped on the works: Leonh Kranzter Zurich and the numbers 10 5 28 16 188 60 Schw.
Any info that you can provide will greatly appreciated.

P

Paul Lopez

I am looking for information, any and all, that I can find on a Grandfather clock. The following information is all that I can find on the clock and it is ztamped on the works: Leonh Kranzter Zurich and the numbers 10 5 28 16 188 60 Schw.
Any info that you can provide will greatly appreciated.

eskmill

NAWCC Fellow
NAWCC Member
Aug 24, 2000
Region
The numbers are to me, meaningless. However, "Schw" hints that the movement of the clock was probably made in Schwenningen, in the Black Forest of Germany for Leon Kranzter in Switzerland.

Is there any kind of logo stamped into the back of the movement that you can describe?

Sometimes we can guess the origin of the clock movement from a photograph of the backside of the movement.

P

Paul Lopez

Les,
I now have some photos of the clock and the movement. However, the instructions for posting them on the message board are Greek to me. Is there another way?
Paul Lopez

Dachl18

Mar 23, 2006
Country
Perhaps the words can be read as:
Leon(hard) Kroezer, Zürich.

This maker (19th century) is mentioned in 'Meister der Uhrmacherkunst', J.Abeler, Wuppertal, 1977. Unfortunately I do not have that book and I cannot give further details.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stacey_AEH
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
NAWCC Online Structure and Operation by Tom McIntyre