ANSONIA PATENTED 18 18 82

Discussion in 'General Clock Discussions' started by Mike306p/Ansoniaman, Sep 23, 2002.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Mike306p/Ansoniaman

Mike306p/Ansoniaman Registered User

Jan 12, 2001
    Recently retired Police Officer 40 years
    Colorado Springs, CO.
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    HI CONROY COULD YOU PLEASE SUPPLY A LITTLE MORE INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR CLOCK? MAYBE A DESRIPTION OR A PICTURE ? THEN ONE MIGHT BE ABLE TO ASSIST YOU ON INFORMATION, THANKS MIKE 0136966

------------------

2. Charles E. Davis

Charles E. Davis Registered User
    NAWCC Life Member NAWCC Fellow NAWCC Member Golden Circle

Nov 6, 2000
    La Verne, CA
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I too have been interested in the June 18, 1882 patent date on Ansonia movements. I sent off a couple of requests to the library about it and can't find their responses right now. My interest was heightened when I saw a Japanese "arch top" movement with the same date but instead of "Patent" is said "Yasuikopa." I couldn't find the complete word in any of my dictionaries but did come up with "Yasui" meaning cheap and of course "Kopa" could easily be "copy!" I would really love to find the information about that particular patent.

3. Mike306p/Ansoniaman

Mike306p/Ansoniaman Registered User

Jan 12, 2001
    Recently retired Police Officer 40 years
    Colorado Springs, CO.
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Hi Conroy ! If you can buy a copy of ANSONIA Clocks & WATCHES by TRAN DUY LY. He is considered by many to be an authority on these clocks as well as other makers. This will assist you in identifying your clocks. Mike 0136966

4. Don DeMarcus

Don DeMarcus Registered User

Aug 26, 2000
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Hello

It sounds like he has a Venice, it has two lions on the side with no loops in their mouth and two side plates next to the dial and feet on it.

If he does not repsond, we are all waisting our time.

Please send me a picture of it and I can help you.

demarcusdrainage@attbi.com

don

[This message has been edited by Don DeMarcus #0135928 (edited 09-23-2002).]