Ansonia Knight Clock

Discussion in 'Clock Case Restoration and Repair' started by Styrofoam_Guy, Aug 21, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Styrofoam_Guy

Styrofoam_Guy Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jul 21, 2008
    Toronto, Ontario
    Coincidentally another member just posted about the same clock but ones that runs too fast.

I have several issues

1. The finish on the case is dirty or tarnished. I am looking for ideas on how to clean it. Currently there are places on the case where paint has been applied and I would not want to remove that when cleaning the case.

2. The end of the trumpet has been broken off and I would like to try and repair it. Any ideas on what material to use?

View attachment 354392 View attachment 354393 View attachment 354394 View attachment 354395 View attachment 354396 View attachment 354397 View attachment 354398

2. the 3rd dwarve

the 3rd dwarve Registered User

Nov 3, 2000
    Guy,​

I have turned trumpets out of leaded brass. I would consider replacing the entire trumpet rather than trying to repair the existing one.

D~

3. Styrofoam_Guy

Styrofoam_Guy Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jul 21, 2008
    Toronto, Ontario
    That is not a bad idea. I will have to look into it.