• Upcoming updates
    Over the next couple of weeks we will be performing software updates on the forum. These will be completed in small steps as we upgrade individual software addons. You might occasionally see a maintenance message that will last a few minutes at most.

If we anticipate an update will take more than a few minutes, we'll put up a notice with estimated time.

Thank you!

Ansonia jewelers pin regulator

gentleman jim

Dec 7, 2008
South Carolina
Country
Region
Found this recently and have it running. It resembles an Ansonia No. 17. Height is 85", width 18". Case is walnut with a paneled back. The movement appears to be French. No marks except the number "72" stamped on the works. Has it been cut down after a fall and made into a floor standing clock? I there are no indications of this but who knows. 20210221_192356.jpg 20210220_152251.jpg

bruce linde

NAWCC Member
Donor
Nov 13, 2011
oakland, ca.
clockhappy.com
Country
Region
nice! any chance of a photo of the bottom of the case?

gentleman jim

Dec 7, 2008
South Carolina
Country
Region
nice! any chance of a photo of the bottom of the case?
No pics of the bottom were taken. It is a simple wood bottom, walnut of appropriate age. There is no damage to the inside of the case indicating a weight crash. Some of the glass retaining putty is coming loose and will need to be replaced. Glass is old and wavey.

brian fisher

NAWCC Member
Jan 20, 2017
houston, tx
Country
Region
that is a very nice clock. as you surmise, the bottom is most likely missing something. without some knowledge of the actual model, it is difficult to say. I have a new haven #10. it could have been ordered as a floor standing unit with a base(as mine came) or it could have been come as a wall hanger. i think this one looks like it may have had the same two options as well.

the question now i would suppose would be to figure out who made your cabinet so you can scour the interwebs for an alike model to draw a pattern from. is it some sort of an ansonia? maybe.... i do think it might look better sitting on a base as a floor model or with some sort of valance if you decide you prefer a wall hanger.

btw....it is difficult to tell from the photos you have provided, but i have to say the wood your cabinet is made from looks more like mahogany at a casual glance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ACBurke
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Swiss Fake by Kent