ansonia florentine #1 8 day

Discussion in 'Clock Repair' started by kslosberg, Dec 1, 2012.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. kslosberg

kslosberg New Member

Dec 1, 2012
    I am trying to fix this clock but missing the pendulum and keys. thoughts on type, style and weight of the pendulum along with where one can be purchased along with the size keys required would be helpful.

Karl

2. R&A

R&A Registered User

Oct 21, 2008
    Country Flag:
    Timesavers....They are located in AZ.

H/C

3. harold bain

harold bain Registered User
    NAWCC Member Deceased

Nov 4, 2002
    Male
    deceased
    Whitby, Ontario, Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Hi, Karl, welcome to the message board.
    As my learned colleague H/C mentions, Timesavers can help you with what you need.
    www.timesavers.com
    Three different pendulums are listed for the Ansonia clocks, you need to estimate a length that will be correct for your clock: 19369, 19370, or 19371.
    Key size can be measured across the winding arbor square. My best guess would be 15945, or possibly 10085.

4. kslosberg

kslosberg New Member

Dec 1, 2012
    That was great advise and I appreciate it. The clock I am getting is from a close person friend whose husband was a avid clock collector before his death 20 years ago. The clock also is missing one cast winged griffin foot. Any ideas as where to get one?

Karl

5. harold bain

harold bain Registered User
    NAWCC Member Deceased

Nov 4, 2002
    Male
    deceased
    Whitby, Ontario, Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    You will have to find someone who can cast metal, and make a reproduction from your existing foot. Finding one anywhere else might be a lifelong quest.

6. Thyme

Thyme Banned

Sep 18, 2006
    metro NY area
    He could post his request in the 'parts wanted' thread here. He might get lucky and be eternally grateful. :)