• For those of you who were having issues connecting to the Forums, it turns out that our modem was not functioning properly. We have replaced it now and the connection to the Forums has been restored. Thank you for your patience.

Clock Ansonia finial needed

B. J. Taylor

NAWCC Member
Dec 7, 2019
Country
Region
I have just received an Ansonia Crystal Regulator with a mercury pendulum that is missing the top final. This clock belongs to a friend who would like to get it as close as we can to the original for his wife, who inherited it from her mother I think. Seems to be early 20th-century prob around the '20s. I also have a noticeable crack in the outer ring of the dial that I would like to fix if I can. other than that it looks like a clean and lube will have it back in great shape. Any help out there would be appreciated. Also if anyone has info on the clock I would appreciate it greatly. I don't think this one has ever been apart.

Bobby T. ansonia 1.jpg

Last edited:

B. J. Taylor

NAWCC Member
Dec 7, 2019
Country
Region
The current owner says someone misplaced it in the past, more than likely someone admired it and took it. I only hope I can do this beauty justice.

B. J. Taylor

NAWCC Member
Dec 7, 2019
Country
Region
Thank you Escape wheel for the information. The owner says the Finial was lost however, I would say someone took a liking to it and made off with it on him. I hope I can do this beautiful clock justice. The outer ring is broken at the 10 hour area and an attempt was made at repair. I will attempt to do a better repair but would like to find a replacement. the Finial is the main need and any and all help will be appreciated. Even one that will fit it is better than none at all. Thank everyone for looking and helping in advance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pheebs
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Bread Upon the Waters by Tom McIntyre