Ansonia Clock Project

Discussion in 'Clock Case Restoration and Repair' started by Rockin Ronnie, Jun 17, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Rockin Ronnie

Rockin Ronnie Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Nov 18, 2012
    Male
    retired educator
    Greenfield, Nova Scotia
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    #1 Rockin Ronnie, Jun 17, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
    The first part of the discussion on this Ansonia Extra Drop is in this thread. Thanks to Willy X for providing me with measurements.

The first image is the box of parts. Next are the repairs and refinishing of the case. Then the drop door frame. Next is the veneer applied to the moulding and followed by staining. Then the door (without hardware) is test fit on the drop (ignore the small piece of tape).

I still do not have glass for the access door and I am considering some sort of design. The most significant piece I am missing is the brass dial bezel but my search goes on.

Ron

RS Ansonia_2.jpg RS Ansonia Extra Drop.jpg RS Drop door_5.jpg RS Knob and hinges.jpg RS Drop door taped inplace.jpg

Dave T likes this.
  2. Phil G4SPZ

Phil G4SPZ Phil
    NAWCC Member

Oct 18, 2018
    Male
    Retired Chartered Electrical Engineer
    Bewdley, Worcestershire, UK
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    What an excellent piece of work! I like drop dial clocks and would love to own an Ansonia. At present I'm restoring an Ansonia 'El Regalo' slate clock.

Good luck with your project!

Phil

3. steamer471

steamer471 Registered User
    NAWCC Member Donor

Nov 2, 2013
    Male
    Self employed
    Charlotte NC
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Fine Work!

4. Rockin Ronnie

Rockin Ronnie Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Nov 18, 2012
    Male
    retired educator
    Greenfield, Nova Scotia
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Aha! I have a source for the brass bezel. Will pick it up in June during the National Convention.
    Ron