• We are aware of the performance issues with the forum. These are due to problems with Comcast's shared lines in the Columbia, PA area. On December 15, we signed a contract to bring a dedicated fiber line to the forum servers. It should take somewhere between 30 and 90 days to install. Thank you for your patience.

Ansonia Clock Identification

J

Jailed

I recently came into a clock and after searching through all the pictures on www.antiqueansoniaclocks.com and becoming a member of Savage and Polite's Antique Clocks Identification and Price Guide I still can not find a picture of this clock.

I have the following information:
On the back it has a paper label theat says "Eight Day Syria Strike Ansonia Clock Co. New York United States of America.

On the inner workings are "Ansonia Clock Co USA patented June 18, 1882 5 1/2.

On the clock face is the Ansonia Clock Company trademark.

IMG_0191.gif

J

Jailed

I recently came into a clock and after searching through all the pictures on www.antiqueansoniaclocks.com and becoming a member of Savage and Polite's Antique Clocks Identification and Price Guide I still can not find a picture of this clock.

I have the following information:
On the back it has a paper label theat says "Eight Day Syria Strike Ansonia Clock Co. New York United States of America.

On the inner workings are "Ansonia Clock Co USA patented June 18, 1882 5 1/2.

On the clock face is the Ansonia Clock Company trademark.

https://mb.nawcc.org/

eskmill

NAWCC Fellow
NAWCC Member
Deceased
Aug 24, 2000
Region
Tran duy Ly's catalog reproduction of Ansonia Clocks of 1989 includes a "Syria" model in oak wood on page 32.

However, the finial treatment on the catalog version differs considerably from the model in your photograph.

J

Jailed

Any other places on the web or even a book in the local library that might be a good source of information?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3号缐
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
E. Howard & Co. by Clint Geller