• The online Bulletins and Mart and Highlights are currently unavailable due to a failure of a network piece of equipment. We are working to replace it and have the Online publications available as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

History Ansonia Clock - how to get date and model

scorpiogirl

New User
Aug 3, 2021
Country
I purchased an Ansonia clock through an auction and would like to find out more about it. I'm having trouble finding out the model and date it was made. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Ansonia 2.jpg Ansonia 3.jpg Ansonia 4.jpg Ansonia 5.jpg Ansonia.jpg

Bruce Alexander

Sponsor
NAWCC Brass Member
Feb 22, 2010
Hanover, PA
www.testoftimeclocks.com
Country
Region
Hello SG!
Welcome to the NAWCC's online Forums.
It looks to me like you have a model that Ansonia called the "Boston" from around circa 1904.
They also offered the "Boston Extra" which had a more ornate top, but your clock's flat top could accommodate a wide variety of clock statuettes, which Ansonia offered.
Hope that helps.
Bruce

scorpiogirl

New User
Aug 3, 2021
Country
Hello SG!
Welcome to the NAWCC's online Forums.
It looks to me like you have a model that Ansonia called the "Boston" from around circa 1904.

Thanks. I wasn't sure of the model. I couldn't anything online that looked exactly like it with the right amount of columns and flat top.

Bruce Alexander

Sponsor
NAWCC Brass Member
Feb 22, 2010
Hanover, PA
www.testoftimeclocks.com
Country
Region
Thanks. I wasn't sure of the model. I couldn't anything online that looked exactly like it with the right amount of columns and flat top.
You're very welcome.
Yes, many examples of their Boston Extra, but I can't seem to find the "Boston". As mentioned, the flat top is perfect for a statuette of the owner's choosing.

Here's an auction result with a few examples of Ansonia and Gilbert statuettes: 4 Ansonia & Gilbert Clock Figures - Sep 20, 2014 | Schmidt's Antiques Inc. Since 1911 in MI

Regards,

Bruce

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndavidcham
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-