Ansonia Clock by Ansonia Brass Company

Nicko

May 11, 2007
Australia
Country
Region
Hi all,

I wonder if anyone knows any more about this clock. It was made by the Ansonia Brass Company which would date it 1854 - 1869. I can't seem to see any info by browsing the web. Does anyone have a more accurate date. Was it made as a ships clock or just a wall clock. Did They have model names back then or not.

Thanks

Greg Nixon

Attachments

glr1109

Jun 2, 2002
Genoa, NY
Country
Region
I beleive its called(not model) a "Lever Clock". Made for the wall, I've got an 8 day- Seth Thomas just like it the label states "Office"

Greg

Steven Thornberry

User Administrator
Staff member
NAWCC Member
Jan 15, 2004
Here and there
Country
The later Ansonia Clock Co. made a number of these lever clocks in the late 19th and early 20th centuries, and, per Tran Duy Ly, they were called Ansonia Lever, Ansonia, or Ansonia R.C. Lever). Ingraham also made a few. They could well have been used on board ships since they did not require a pendulum and thus need not be level to run.

Ansonia Brass (or Ansonia Brass and Battery) clocks seem to be be fairly rare, but I have not seen much info that would allow for a terribly precise dating. I wouldn't mind knowing more, since I also have an ABC clock, a 30-hour cottage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoseM.
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-