Ansonia 30 hour/ 8 day

Discussion in 'General Clock Discussions' started by Don, Sep 2, 2002.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Don

Don Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Feb 17, 2002
    I just bought a 8 day Ansonia clock with a 2 inch dial marked 8 day. It is in a small gold colored case. Where there is wear the metal looks copper or may be bronze? the movement is about 2 inches in dameter also.
    Any way the problem is the hair spring is broke right at the regulator. It must have had some rust at that point. Where would I get one made or is the 30 hour hair spring the same size as the 8 day one. I do not have a 30 hour Ansonia to compair to.
    The movemnet is about the size of a 30 hour New Haven that I have except for the massive main spring mounted on the back end of the movement. any informaiton?

2. Don

Don Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Feb 17, 2002
    I just bought a 8 day Ansonia clock with a 2 inch dial marked 8 day. It is in a small gold colored case. Where there is wear the metal looks copper or may be bronze? the movement is about 2 inches in dameter also.
    Any way the problem is the hair spring is broke right at the regulator. It must have had some rust at that point. Where would I get one made or is the 30 hour hair spring the same size as the 8 day one. I do not have a 30 hour Ansonia to compair to.
    The movemnet is about the size of a 30 hour New Haven that I have except for the massive main spring mounted on the back end of the movement. any informaiton?

3. Don DeMarcus

Don DeMarcus Registered User

Aug 26, 2000
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Hello
    I have heard that you can solder them.
    That is all I know about them, I have one that has been deformed and the adjusting arm missing, so I will watch and learn as well.
    Thanks
    Don DeMarcus
    demarcusdrainage@attbi.com

4. Don

Don Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Feb 17, 2002
    Thanks for the idea it sure will not hurt to try. The break is in a non coiled area so may just be the thing to make it run again.
    Any other ideas for the group?