Another Unique set up

Discussion in 'Tower, Monumental & Street Clocks' started by DanJeffries, Jul 29, 2009.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. DanJeffries

DanJeffries The Tower clock man
    NAWCC Member

Dec 1, 2008
    Male
    Controller
    Monticello Georgia
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Hey,
    I thought I would share my last courthouse visit photos. I think it's a pretty unique set up myself, never seen a Howard#00 used in this way.
    This courthouse is very large not sure of the span in between the clock faces but probably at least 75ft or so.....the uniqueness is that instead of having one movement running 2 dials, each dial has it's own movement, very similar to a modern day synchronous motor tower clock installation. So they don't just have one clock they have two!

I also got very excited since my E. Howard 00 is set up very similar to this. I have told other clock enthusiast that I have a E. Howard #00 that came out of a cupola installation and they say "no......it probably came out of a street clock and they sold it to you with motion works and said it came out of a cupola". Well it has a center gear mounted on top....... and it all bolts up perfectly and about a 6 ft span.

Anyhow, this helps me confirm that Howard did use these movements in traditional tower clock installations.
    Enjoy, and let me know if you have seen this type of situation before.
    Thanks
    Dan

Attached Files:

2. gvasale

gvasale Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Mar 30, 2005
    work in a machine shop, not as a machinist
    webster, Ma
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I have one similar, but with electric motor. Have seen several of this size frequently driven through a bevel gear setup.