Another Ebay listing for discussion...

frankb

Feb 21, 2005
Tom, Frank,

Observations-

Buy It Now price seems way high to me. But remember, there are retailers adn wholesaleers on this site.?

The M1 date mark on the back plate is clear on my computer. If you hit the "enlarge button" you can see it pretty plainly

"four quad dial". I'm not sure what this means either, although I CAN see two lines that seprate the dial in to, well, "quads". Look closely and you can see what loks like a big plus sign on the dial. I do wonder if the dial is original. (The guys seems to sell a LOT of Accutrons though)

Too rich for my bool, but then I do not buy retail.

Guy has had only 2 bad feedback in a year.. that is good. But one of them was a pretty bad accusation. (Then again, this accustation was from a newbie...)

Any Accutron experts on here? Doug?

JPH

Tom Diss

Sep 6, 2004
Country
well, the discussion isn't as compelling now, since the buy it now price was revised from

$123,500 to a more reaonable $1,150 ;)

W

Wayne D.

Tom, I'm betting the first time the seller put it up he typed in 123500 instead of 1235.00 (forgot the decimal point). Nice watch, but like frankb way too much for by blood. Take care buddy.

R

Royboy

Well lads!

One for the many "Hamilton" lovers among us!

Royboy :)

"So mote it be!"

W

Wayne D.

Royboy, the watch is a Bulova, but Tom wanted to sneak the band onto his Hamilton Chrono. hee-hee (But you knew that). Cheerio buddy.

frankb

Feb 21, 2005
Doug-
In the description of the "MOVEMENT" the seller notes that the watch is stocked without a battery but a new battery is installed prior to shipping. I assume the watch photos were taken when it was battery-less and not running.

Frank

Fifty Fathoms

Sep 22, 2004
There's simply no way I'd pay that much for that Accutron, especially if I was thinking of getting it to just use the band on another watch! Plus, it would be a shame to take what might be the Accutron's original band (or at least what appears to be an original, period, well-matched band)off that watch to put on a Hamilton...but, then, I'm somewhat of a purist.

Respectfully,

Fifty Fathoms

Tom Diss

Sep 6, 2004
Country
Fifty,

I too, am a purist, and was only wishing I had the original coffin link bracelet that came with my Hamilton Chrono, which is very similar to the one on the Accutron.

As you can see, the one I've come up with is a bit too narrow:
http://hometown.aol.com/vintagehamiltons/images/Chronograph_B.jpg

Fifty Fathoms

Sep 22, 2004
Now, that would be nice...I hope you find one. And you are right, that band would probably look pretty good on any quality vintage watch.

Respectfully,
Fifty Fathoms

Fifty Fathoms

Sep 22, 2004
Beautiful watch, Tom! That band looks great on it even though it is a bit narrow. If you get the band from Mike, please post another picture of the watch with the new band attached. I'd love to see it.

Respectfully,
Fifty Fathoms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samways
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
E. Howard & Co. by Clint Geller