Clock Anno 1750, Gravity Sawtooth Clock and Case

a novice

May 28, 2019
Country
To all: , I have restored an Ethan Allen Anno 1750, Gravity Sawtooth Clock and Case and need the ornament at the top of the case. I have attached two pictures, one of my restored Case and Clock and one of a picture of the top of a case with the ornament attached. I have checked ADCP and bought the hands and bob from him, but the top ornament he had is too big, and after I finally found the attached picture, the one he had is also the wrong one. The only picture that I was able to find in two years of looking was from https://www.catawiki.com/, a bidding site similar to ebay.com that is located in the Netherlands. I thank you in advance. Regards

20200619_183424.jpg ca5c409e-a87f-44d4-9817-5b55a64c136c.jpg

Love clocks

Jun 10, 2019
Country
Very nice. Haven't seen one in a case before. We had a lot of trouble finding a finial for the top of a grandfather clock. Ended up finding one in our local hardware store which we stained to match. These our two gravity clocks. Anno Sawtooth.JPG Sawtooth Clock - Scammels.JPG

a novice

May 28, 2019
Country
Love Clocks, After I wrote this missive, my daughter took a 'second' look on the internet and found a similar one on a seller site in the Netherlands which is very similar to our ebay. It is the only one I have seen, and I have looked 'long and hard' and this one had the top 'ornament' that I have been looking for. At least I have finally seen one like mine and it was listed as a 1960 Gravity Clock. If you need parts for your movements, the following addy is the only one that I know of ADCP. Thanks for sharing your pictures. Also, I have attached a picture of the one that was sold ion the Netherlands 'ebay' showing ht ornament that i am desperately seeking. Regards, A Novice

ca5c409e-a87f-44d4-9817-5b55a64c136c.jpg

Love clocks

Jun 10, 2019
Country
Beautiful clock...hubby says if you gave it to us you wouldn't have to worry about finding a top for it anymore...postage from US would be a killer though! Good luck finding your topper.

Reactions: PatH

Love clocks

Jun 10, 2019
Country
Saw tooth topper.jpg Just found this one from the Netherlands on Ebay - Works out to $75USD though.....depends how desperate you I are I guess.

a novice

May 28, 2019
Country
Beautiful clock...hubby says if you gave it to us you wouldn't have to worry about finding a top for it anymore...postage from US would be a killer though! Good luck finding your topper.
Love Clocks, After I wrote this missive, my daughter took a 'second' look on the internet and found a similar one on a seller site in the Netherlands which is very similar to our ebay. It is the only one I have seen, and I have looked 'long and hard' and this one had the top 'ornament' that I have been looking for. At least I have finally seen one like mine and it was listed as a 1960 Gravity Clock. If you need parts for your movements, the following addy is the only one that I know of ADCP. Thanks for sharing your pictures. Also, I have attached a picture of the one that was sold ion the Netherlands 'ebay' showing ht ornament that i am desperately seeking. Regards, A Novice

View attachment 601053
Love clocks and Beautiful clocks also, a bit of a LOL. Thank you for your kind offer, but the Gravity Clock is permanently mounted to my book case, I have a small space that I am permittee to call my own. lol
And Thank You for your lead to the Netherlands ebay, a most impressive site. It is true about the shipping, but when one needs an important item and it is nowhere else to be found, shipping costs (within reason) are just part of the expense. smiling. Regards, A Novice

a novice

May 28, 2019
Country
View attachment 601063 Just found this one from the Netherlands on Ebay - Works out to $75USD though.....depends how desperate you I are I guess.
Love Clocks, thanks again for showing me the way. I have looked on the ADCP web site a few days ago and a few minutes ago also, and it is not listed, but it was, as you said, on ebay of which I didn't hesitate to purchase. I had bought a few things from him awhile age and the shipping charge was part of the price, not a problem.. The expected delivery date is August 11, 2020 and I shall let you know if it is the right one, Thanks again for your kind effort. Regards, A Novice

Reactions: Love clocks
Our 2021 National Meeting in Hampton Roads Virginia
Topic related ad experiment