Anniversary clock with angel pillars

Jeremy Woodoff

NAWCC Member
Jun 30, 2002
Brooklyn
Country
Region
I recently won this 400-day clock on eBay. It has angel-form pillars and an unusual scrollwork crown. I believe this design was incorporated into clocks by several different makers, but is nonetheless rather early and quite scarce. When I receive the clock I'll post additional pictures, which will hopefully identify the maker and whether it has the correct disc pendulum. I got it for only $30, which I think is a pretty good price. 77227.jpg

harold bain

NAWCC Member
Deceased
Nov 4, 2002
Whitby, Ontario, Canada
Country
Region
Excellent price, Jeremy. Need to see the back of the movement to ID it. Must have been mislisted to go that cheap:rolleyes:

John Hubby

Senior Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Life Member
Sep 7, 2000
The Woodlands, TX
Country
Region
Jeremy Woodoff;509807 said:
I recently won this 400-day clock on eBay. It has angel-form pillars and an unusual scrollwork crown. I believe this design was incorporated into clocks by several different makers, but is nonetheless rather early and quite scarce. When I receive the clock I'll post additional pictures, which will hopefully identify the maker and whether it has the correct disc pendulum. I got it for only $30, which I think is a pretty good price.
Pretty good price is a HUGE understatement!! Will look forward to see detailed photos of the back of the movement; the base appears to be one that was used by Würth & Co, but the pendulum is one used by JUF and Huber. The back plate will tell the story.

Jeremy Woodoff

NAWCC Member
Jun 30, 2002
Brooklyn
Country
Region
I've updated this thread with more pictures in the 400-day clock forum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmelfelt
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Rockford's early high grade movements by Greg Frauenhoff