• The NAWCC Museum and Library & Research Center will reopen starting Wednesday, January 6, 2021 as per Governor Wolf's reopening mandate.

Andre & Co Geneva

mknolan

Aug 26, 2010
Can anyone help me, i have recently acquired a ladies gold pocket watch witht he name andre & Co engraved on the back. From the information i have its a "montre Savonnette" with a case "guilloche" that was made around 1860. but other than than that i cant find anything further. int he dictionaire des horlogers genevios there are several companies listeD with Andre as a last name, the only possibilty i can see is "andre & Jaccard" but im just guessing. does anyone know any history surrounding this watch. thank you

Dr. Jon

NAWCC Member
Dec 14, 2001
New Hampshire
Country
Region
Savonette means a closed face or hunter case, which you probably already know.

If you can post pictures of the inner case with inscriptions and of the works we may be able to help more.

Dr. Jon

NAWCC Member
Dec 14, 2001
New Hampshire
Country
Region
Andre was a trade name of Perotto Droz. They were listed in 1920 and 1950 as S. Perotto et Fils (and sons).

Droz is a common name in Swiss watch making.

The firm was listed as making medium priced women's watches.

They operated out of Sonvilier

This is from Swiss Timepiece Makers 1775-1975 by Kathleen Pritchard published by NAWCC.

Mist such operations assembled movement dials and cases from various sources doing little if any touch labor in house.

mknolan

Aug 26, 2010
thank you for you message, the number is 86297, its gold i have pictures if thats anygood that i can forward. thanks for your helo

Know Your NAWCC Forums Rules!
RULES & GUIDELINES

Find member

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mptha59
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit