An Elgin Pocket Watch

Discussion in 'American Pocket Watches' started by abereiter, Dec 8, 2002.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. For the new NAWCC home page
    Click this image at the upper left corner of this page.
  1. abereiter

abereiter Guest

What more do you want? You got alto right there and I cant offer any more.

Aaron Bereiter
    NAWCC #156432
    Proud IHC Member #55

2. Wes

Wes Registered User

Aug 19, 2002
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Interesting.. Shugarts doesn't list any 11J 0s Elgins... Or am I going blind?
    Not that I was going to post the value up here, because it clearly states at the top of the page "No Requests for Timepiece Values".

NAWCC# 156994

3. Brian C.

Brian C. Registered User

Jun 9, 2001
    NH
    Country Flag:
    PoorDude,
    There are many,many,many watches Shugart's "Complete..." doesn't list.
    Brian C.

4. Jerry Treiman

Jerry Treiman Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Aug 25, 2000
    Geologist - California Geological Survey
    Los Angeles, CA
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Tristan, as a novice some of the codes and descriptions may not mean much to you. This is a small watch (0-size), usually worn by ladies. You do not describe the case, if it has one, but "HC" means a hunting case, that is a case that has a metal cover to protect the dial. The cases are often beautifully engraved. This variety winds at the 3 o'clock position so that the dial can be easily read when the cover is opened. One or two fine cracks are common in the enamel dials of this age. You are at a good age to get into watches as a hobby, if they interest you, and working at a jewelry store is a good place to learn about them. I started when I was 14 and it has been a life-long interest.

5. Wes

Wes Registered User

Aug 19, 2002
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Since it is an heirloom, it is therefore priceless. It will always be worth more to you than anyone else.

NAWCC# 156994