american watch company hillside

Discussion in 'American Pocket Watches' started by guychampeau, Apr 26, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. guychampeau

guychampeau Registered User

Feb 5, 2007
    watchmaker
    detroit, michigan (nashville too)
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    i am in a desperate search for a ratchet wheel for this american watch co hillside....the one in there has been over machined and no longer functions...any ideas....get one machined (where?)..a subsitute(i went through my entire stock)...thanks

302840.jpg

Attached Files:

2. John Cote

John Cote Director
    Director NAWCC Member

Aug 26, 2000
    Photographer
    Midwest USA
    Country Flag:
    Hi Guy, I just looked through a couple of boxes of movements and parts and I don't have one. Just an FYI...this is not an "American Watch Company" Hillside. It is an "Am. Watch Co." Hillside. I don't mean to be picky but it is a EUUUUUGE distinction. :) Nice watch!

3. topspin

topspin Registered User

Dec 14, 2014
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
  4. richiec

richiec Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Feb 24, 2007
    Male
    automotive warranty inspector
    Brick, Ocean, NJ
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    12143 is the part number and is particular to the key wind movement, the stem wind wheel is totally different. I have lots of stem wind parts, no key wind ones that I have found yet.

5. topspin

topspin Registered User

Dec 14, 2014
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    According to the lookup ( http://nawccinfo.nawcc.org/LookupSN.php ) there are 17431 Model 1874 grade Hillside keywinds out there somewhere. That's not bad odds.

Plus a further 9900 Hillside keywinds in model 1884 plus a few thousand keywinds in other grades of model 1874 (all of which I'm sure someone could tell me whether to count them or not.)

6. richiec

richiec Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Feb 24, 2007
    Male
    automotive warranty inspector
    Brick, Ocean, NJ
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Guy, Gave you the wrong part number, they are either 7105 or 7106, both have 36 teeth but I think one is larger than the other.

7. guychampeau

guychampeau Registered User

Feb 5, 2007
    watchmaker
    detroit, michigan (nashville too)
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    thank you all so much...i did not know the difference....this explains the frustration in my parts search....now that i have a part number and the correct name i'll be in much better shape...i'll keep you up to date....thanks again