American Academy Denver ???

Discussion in 'American Pocket Watches' started by geo.ulrich, Mar 19, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. geo.ulrich

geo.ulrich Registered User

Apr 10, 2013
    toolmaker
    Alton Il.
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    [​IMG][​IMG]I'm wondering if anyone knows of a Richard G. Adams from the American Academy Denver I have had this watch for awhile. A internet search shows Archie Perkins as an instructor of the school and the first watch was made for President Harry Truman. This watch is No. 51 has anybody ever run across these before? It would be great Mr. Adams is or was a member...Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Tom McIntyre

Tom McIntyre Technical Admin
    Staff Member NAWCC Member Donor Sponsor

Aug 24, 2000
    Male
    retired SW dev
    Boston
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I could be wrong, but I think the American Academy is what they called Orville Hagan's school. The watch bears some similarities to the Elgin ebauches that the Elgin School used while Hagan's friend Samelius was in charge there. The students started with either raw metal and a design or with a partially finished rough movement and made a watch as part of their studies. Richard G. Adams would have been the student's name in that case.

3. Fred Hansen

Fred Hansen Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Aug 18, 2002
    Country Flag:
  4. geo.ulrich

geo.ulrich Registered User

Apr 10, 2013
    toolmaker
    Alton Il.
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Thanks for information glad to see at least 2 more exist, Archie Perkins obituary shows that he was a teacher there....