Am. Waltham Crosby&Son

Discussion in 'American Pocket Watches' started by mailman Sam, Jan 21, 2003.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. mailman Sam

mailman Sam Guest

Hi everyone,

I have a size 6 15J Am. Waltham ser.# 6875022.
    On the dial it has C.A.W.Crosby & Son Boston Mass., and on the plate the same thing and Am.Waltham Watch Co. I would like to find some information about this watch. I have the Waltham Pocket Watch Identifacation book there is no information on watches with private companys names. Can someone help me or lead me to where I can find out this information.

THANKS

2. mailman Sam

mailman Sam Guest

Hi everyone,

I have a size 6 15J Am. Waltham ser.# 6875022.
    On the dial it has C.A.W.Crosby & Son Boston Mass., and on the plate the same thing and Am.Waltham Watch Co. I would like to find some information about this watch. I have the Waltham Pocket Watch Identifacation book there is no information on watches with private companys names. Can someone help me or lead me to where I can find out this information.

THANKS

3. bil2054

bil2054 Guest

4. Bostonjoe

Bostonjoe Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Oct 28, 2016
    Country Flag:
    Re: Am. Waltham Crosby&Son

Hi, I happen to have your watch's close relative. It's a Waltham 6 size, sn: 6875024. Just like yours, it's a private label for the Boston jeweler C.A.W. Crosby & Sons. It's amazing their serial number are only two apart...[​IMG][​IMG]

Attached Files:

5. MLH

MLH Registered User

Dec 31, 2016
    Country Flag:

The pocket watch database list your watch as a model 1890, grade X, production date of 1896 to 1899. Sometimes it is hard to find information on Private Label watches.

6. Tom McIntyre

Tom McIntyre Technical Admin
    Staff Member Donor Sponsor NAWCC Member

Aug 24, 2000
    Male
    retired SW dev
    Boston
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:

The full description is Seaside X. These middle grade 6 size watches were named Seaside with a suffix letter that we mostly do not understand.

Follow this reference for a link to both the ledger and gray book pages for this watch. Jerry Treiman did the original transcription for this group back in 2002. http://nawccinfo.nawcc.org/LookupSN.php?serial=6875024&sernumin=