• We are aware of the performance issues with the forum. These are due to problems with Comcast's shared lines in the Columbia, PA area. On December 15, we signed a contract to bring a dedicated fiber line to the forum servers. It should take somewhere between 30 and 90 days to install. Thank you for your patience.

Always Talk of in Beat.

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region
I didn't watch too far, but neither of the first two are in beat ... but very cool movements.

Reactions: Willie X

Jevan

Jul 31, 2014
Dan Parkes, the clockmaker in the video, worked in Briset Street, Clerkenwell.

During his working life many buildings in the area were redeveloped including one in an adjacent road (St John's Lane) which when finished was adorned with plaques commemorating notable local clockmakers such as Thomas Tompion... along with their dates.

There are eight plaques including one for Mr Parkes on which it gives his dates including the date of his death… which must have been a bit disconcerting for him on his way to work each morning. :oops:

At the time I worked around the corner and found it quite amusing that the building contractors had decided to kill old Dan off.

The redeveloped building in St John's Lane
02.JPG

The Dan Parkes Plaque
01.JPG

Dan Parkes Workshop in Briset Street, now converted into student accommodation... if I remember correctly. 03.JPG

T.Cu

NAWCC Member
Sep 26, 2020
Country
Region
Thanks for posting, lots of fun to watch and yes, in the beginning those old girls just stagger along as they wish.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnfn70
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
E. Howard & Co. by Clint Geller