Alarm clock alarm alignment

Chris

NAWCC Business
Nov 4, 2001
Ellsworth, Maine
clocksbychristopher.com
Country
Region
I have a Bulova alarm clock that I cleaned. How do I get the minute hand to align properly for the alarm?

For example, if I set the alarm hand to 3:00, the minute hand should be at the 12 when the alarm sounds, correct? I seem to only be able to get about 5 minutes before or several minutes after. What am I missing?

Jeff C

NAWCC Business
May 26, 2005
Seven Fields, Pennsylvania
Country
Region
Chris, I have a small Bulova Carriage clock and the minute hand arbor is round at the end so the hand press fits on. If yours is the same could you remove and replace the hand on the arbor to the correct time?

Just a thought,

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region
You set the alarm for 3:00, then "slowly" advance the time until it rings. Set your minute hand at 12 and press it on and you should have it. The hour hand can be tweaked to exactly 3 if needed.

bangster

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Jan 1, 2005
utah
Country
Region
Remove all hands. Set alarm to "off". Turn alarm set knob SLOWLY just until it clicks. Replace all hands (alarm, minute, hour) pointing exactly at 12. Alarm is now "set to go off at 12:00". Now set alarm to go off exactly at 2:00. SLOWLY advance minute hand until alarm "clicks" (or goes off). If it doesn't show exactly 2:00 remove and adjust the minute hand so it does. (Don't adjust the minute hand by turning it backward or forward. Remove it from the arbor and reposition it.) That's the best you can do.

bangster

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crames
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Weekly News 7/7/19 by Tom McIntyre