Advice on developing sources for donor movements?

Martin G

Jan 10, 2022
Country
Hi all,

I am building a Barr Bros automatic with a Felsa 690 movement for my sister. She's taking care of dad, and I want to give her a present...

I need a sliding pinion (clutch wheel) for it, and don't have a donor carcass in my pail of parts.

Where is a cost-effective source of on-demand donor frames?

Thanks in advance,

Martin

Chris Radek

NAWCC Member
Apr 13, 2014
Lincoln, NE, USA
timeguy.com
Country
Without thinking twice I would just ask for this part in my next Borel order. For "modern" wristwatches like this, they generally have these wear parts. If that fails, I see there are some on ebay for a few bucks. The swiss part number for this piece is 407. If this piece is worn, it's usually best to replace the winding pinion 410 too.

Reactions: fuzz1

Martin G

Jan 10, 2022
Country
Without thinking twice I would just ask for this part in my next Borel order. For "modern" wristwatches like this, they generally have these wear parts. If that fails, I see there are some on ebay for a few bucks. The swiss part number for this piece is 407. If this piece is worn, it's usually best to replace the winding pinion 410 too.
Thank you Chris. I guess Karma smiled on me this time; I found a donor F690 in a bag full of carcasses from the bottom drawer...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
minister
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last page
Hard Life for Wristwatches by Roy Gardner