• The NAWCC Museum and Library & Research Center are currently open. Please check the Visiting Schedule for Days and Hours at the bottom of the Visit Page.

Advice for Newbie

phildee

Mar 29, 2013
Hi Everyone,I Hope You are All Well.
With the Help and generous Advice of Members of this Site,and the How to Do Section.I have been working to Restore a Clock Movement that I was given.I have cleaned the Movement,I have Re- Bushed two of the Pivot Holes in one of the Plates.Also Polished and Burnished all the Pivots.What I would like to do now,if possible,is to remove check, clean, and re-lubricate the Mainsprings.I have made a Joe Collins Mainspring Winder from the Plans provided on the Site,and have had a practice run on a Smith Enfield Mainspring.But,as You Experienced Members would know and by looking at the Photos attached,These Mainspring Barrells look different.What I would like to know is can and how They may be Unwound in the Joe Collins Winder.Thanking You in Anticipation.

Regards.
Phil

DSCF1076.jpeg DSCF1277.jpeg DSCF1278.jpeg DSCF1279.jpeg DSCF1280.jpeg DSCF1281.jpeg

Jaap

Mar 6, 2013
Country
Hi Phil, welcome at this site. First to do is remove the wheel from the barrel. You can do this by twisting the wheel so the tabs will come free.

Know Your NAWCC Forums Rules!
RULES & GUIDELINES

Find member

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JReyes11
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Aurora's 15 Ruby Jewel Movements by Greg Frauenhoff

514 Poplar Street
Columbia, PA 17512

Phone: 717-684-8261

Contact the Webmaster for perceived copyright infringement (DMCA Registration Number 1010287).

Copyright © National Association of Watch and Clock Collectors Inc (A 501c3 non-profit corporation). All Rights Reserved.

The NAWCC is dedicated to providing association services, promoting interest in and encouraging the collecting of clocks and watches including disseminating knowledge of the same.