Feature Advertising on NAWCC Message Board

Discussion in 'Message Board Help & Notices' started by Noel Poirier, May 28, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Noel Poirier

Noel Poirier Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jul 30, 2007
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I'm considering advertising the Age of Steam Roundhouse Museum on the Message Board as many folks with an interest in railroad timekeeping, etc. have reached out to me over the last several months and I like the idea of reaching them through this medium.

The advertising information on the NAWCC website at https://nawcc.org/index.php/85-members/member-central/1273-messageboardadvertising (attached is a screenshot) seems outdated so I'm not sure it's helpful.

How is advertising presented on the MB to Members vs. non-Members? Are the rates on the website accurate? Who is in charge of taking advertising since Markus is no longer with the NAWCC?

Thanks,
    Noel

upload_2019-5-28_15-57-58.png

2. Tom McIntyre

Tom McIntyre Technical Admin
    Staff Member NAWCC Star Fellow NAWCC Ruby Member Sponsor

Aug 24, 2000
    Male
    retired SW dev
    Boston
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Noel, once Markus left, we had no one managing the ad placement. We currently display Google AdWords ads to guests who are not registered on the site.

There is a special forum for Business Members who may want to advertise on this site with directly paid ads. The intent is to allow advertising by anyone with a Business Member level NAWCC Membership. I am still waiting for interest to develop.

The Business Member forum is only visible to Business Members. I set the area up the first of this year and to date there have only been two posts there by one member.

You are not currently listed as a Business Member, so you do not have access to that forum. You would see it in the Member Input forum category if you were a Business Member.

I am, of course, open to suggestions on how to do this better.