• Upcoming updates
    Over the next couple of weeks we will be performing software updates on the forum. These will be completed in small steps as we upgrade individual software addons. You might occasionally see a maintenance message that will last a few minutes at most.

If we anticipate an update will take more than a few minutes, we'll put up a notice with estimated time.

Thank you!

Adjustment Of Repeated Signaling

Krion

New User
Nov 30, 2022
Country
Hello! Just a disclaimer, I am vastly unfamiliar with much of the inner-workings of clocks and need some help. I have only built a simple Graham Escapement clock, previously. I need to build a clock that triggers a single signal to occur three times at equally spaced time intervals. These time intervals need to be adjusted after each trial for a total of three trials (we are only given five minutes to adjust). I was looking into striking clocks, but I am unsure of whether you are able to adjust the interval at which it strikes or if it is even doable considering my inexperience. I have also considered adding a lever system that triggers a visual signal, but the dropping weight does not strike the lever with enough force to trigger it. Currently, I am trying to research more into it, but I find it hard to understand a lot of material. A bit of advice would be greatly appreciated!

Allan Wolff

NAWCC Member
Mar 17, 2005
Tulsa, OK
Country
Region
Does it have to be mechanical? This would be an easy task for a small computer like a Raspberry Pi or Arduino.

GregS

Sep 4, 2008
Machesney Park, Illinois
Country
Region
What if you take a simple time-only movement and add three radial holes to the center arbor. Tap the holes. Then make three "paddles" that screw into the holes. Those paddles then intersect a lever (that you add) that when lifted by the paddles (three times per hour) trip your signal. Screwing the paddles in and out will alter when the lever is released.

Greg

Reactions: Allan Wolff

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trafxprt
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
E. Howard & Co. by Steven Thornberry