• The online Bulletins and Mart and Highlights are currently unavailable due to a failure of a network piece of equipment. We are working to replace it and have the Online publications available as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

Adams & Perry serial numbers

John Cote

Director
NAWCC Member
Aug 26, 2000
Midwest USA
www.johncotephotography.com
Country
Region
George,

So glad to have had the ongoing description of your trials and tribulations with this watch. So glad to read the Bulletin article and see the wonderful results. What a job and what a watch.

Thanks.

gmeyer4

NAWCC Member
Jul 21, 2005
Harbeson DE
Country
Region
Sure could have used some of your photographic skills John. BTW congratulations on joining the board.

Jim Haney

NAWCC Member
Sep 21, 2002
Decatur, TN.
Country
Region
I am happy to add a watch to this great thread started by Greg Frauenhoff 8 years ago with only 15 serial numbers.

Over the years so many unknown numbers have been added and George Meyer restoration of #31 was a great documentation of his work.

This is serial number 1385 and was not reported until now.

It runs, winds, sets fine, although the dial is troubled around the second bit and the movement is missing a jewel setting around the center wheel pinon.

DSCN9144.JPG DSCN9145.JPG DSCN9146.JPG DSCN9147.JPG DSCN9148.JPG

musicguy

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2017
New York State
Country
At Jims request I've created a Adams & Perry Title and Link(to this thread) in the sticky
Located in the
Informational Pocket Watch Threads at the top of
the main American Pocket Watch forum page.

Rob

gmeyer4

NAWCC Member
Jul 21, 2005
Harbeson DE
Country
Region
Thanks Jim, We had 1385 on the list but Rob's 2037 is a new number and has been added. Were working on A&P/Lancaster part 2 article now all about the movements/mechanics.

gmeyer4

NAWCC Member
Jul 21, 2005
Harbeson DE
Country
Region
Thanks Jim, We had 1385 on the list but Rob's 2037 is a new number and has been added. Were working on A&P/Lancaster part 2 article now all about the movements/mechanics.
Sorry, Franks new number, 2037.

Jim Haney

NAWCC Member
Sep 21, 2002
Decatur, TN.
Country
Region
George,
So we have 2 lists Greg's and yours.I didn't see it on his latest list so I assumed it wasn't reported but you had sent me a list several years ago and I looked and it is on it.

Thanks for all your work on this project and Burt's C. help also. I know you are continuing to develop more numbers and research of Lancaster/Keystone and will look forward to your new work when it becomes available, hopefully soon in the Bulletin.;)

gmeyer4

NAWCC Member
Jul 21, 2005
Harbeson DE
Country
Region
Jim, The real work on the numbers is being done by Wayne, I'm just technical assist.

Paul Regan

NAWCC Member
Mar 4, 2003
Florida
Country
Region
George and Burt have done it again with their Part 2 of 3 on the Early Watch Companies of Lancaster, PA.
What a great prize they have given the watch collecting community.
Congrats you two and I so look forward to installment number three.
Paul

Jim Haney

NAWCC Member
Sep 21, 2002
Decatur, TN.
Country
Region
I received my BULLETIN Friday and really enjoyed the Part #2 by George & Burt.

They have done more research on the Lancaster/Keystone watch Companies than anyone else has ever done and I have learned much about what I thought I knew from the articles.

I had a chance to read part # 3 coming up in a future edition and know the watch community will really love it.

If a collector is looking for a challenge to their collecting, they may want to start in assembling the Named grades of these watches, they are not that expensive.:lightbulb:

Reactions: PatH and musicguy

Rick Hufnagel

Just Rick!
NAWCC Member
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2018
Pittsburgh pa
Country
Region
That was a fantastic article, a huge thank you to the authors. I need to read it a few more times! Nice to see Standard American Watch Co represented in there! ;):D (one of my favorite private labels)

It is challenging, especially to find a specific grade. I've been after the right Lancaster for a couple years and just haven't spotted it. (private labels excluded). The ladies watches seem (seem to me) to be especially hard to find.

It was nice to see a Lady Penn in the article. Recently I was going over the ladies watches in a grade list provided by Greg, and wondered what the Lady Penn would look like in comparison to my Flora. There is no comparison now that I've seen one, it's a beauty.

Thanks again and have a good day! What a great project and looking forward to the next!

Reactions: PatH

John Pavlik

NAWCC Member
Dec 30, 2001
Green Bay, Wi
Country
Region
“Nice to see Standard American Watch Co represented in there! ;):D (one of my favorite private labels)”

Rick, what page did you find this reference, and would you have information who this was a private label for ?

Rick Hufnagel

Just Rick!
NAWCC Member
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2018
Pittsburgh pa
Country
Region
Last edited:

Rhett Lucke

Board Vice Chair
Director
NAWCC Member
Feb 18, 2001
rrstd.com
Country
A big thanks to George and Burt for all the effort in researching and putting together these excellent articles. Adds much clarity to the history of these often misunderstood Lancaster companies and their products.

gmeyer4

NAWCC Member
Jul 21, 2005
Harbeson DE
Country
Region
So nice to hear the Lancaster collectors appreciate the the info we've pulled together. Part 3 is in Peer review. This final chapter takes a deep dive into the hardware. A huge thanks to Wayne Crawford who helped in gathering serial number data.

Reactions: John Cote

Greg Frauenhoff

NAWCC Fellow
NAWCC Member
Aug 25, 2000
George,

I can't recall if I posted these somewhere before, but here are some Lancaster product line pages from a couple rare price lists in my collection.

Bowman and Musser, July 1883:

img677.jpg img678.jpg

S. F. Meyers, Jan. 1884

img679.jpg

S. F. Meyers, Feb. 1884 (this one is cool, I once owned such a Lancaster and also a loose 24 hr dial)

img680.jpg

Greg

Reactions: viclip

gmeyer4

NAWCC Member
Jul 21, 2005
Harbeson DE
Country
Region
It is interesting, these early price list show the Ruby as a ladies watch but it ends up as a 18s grade. I've found 3 or 4 of these with the 24 hour dialed movements. One was marked Col Townsend on the back of the dial so we know where that one came from.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mishellmcgee
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-