Accuracy Question ???

Discussion in 'Wrist Watches' started by doug sinclair, Feb 28, 2001.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. doug sinclair

doug sinclair Registered User

Aug 27, 2000
    Calgary, Alberta
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    cpricecpa,

I am not familiar with which movement you have in your Glycine (or with Glycine, either), but I would suggest that one minute per day is not good enough. I would suggest that you choose a consistent accurate time source that you can stick with, make up a log showing date, time, whether or not you reset it on a given day, and the error 24-hours (app), later. Keep this log daily for a week or so. If your watch is absolutely consistent in daily amount of variance (almost to the second), it should be possible to return to the watch dealer with the log and have it regulated to keeping consistent ACCURATE time as well. If the variation wanders, then I suggest there is a problem that can't be regulated out of it. If the dealer is no help, look for the address of the national service centre in your owner's manual and send it back yourself if you feel it warrants. If a watch has sat in stock for a long time (years), lubricants can dry out and change, causing erratic time. If you have allowed your warranty to run out, there may be a cost involved.

Regards,
    Doug S.

2. C, I agree with Doug. The daily time loss is not acceptable. Much like Doug, who says he is not familiar with the brand, I didn't think Glycine was being made any longer. It is an old collectable brand that has been around since at least the 30's. Anybody else? Did they go defunct during the quartz storms and may have been resurrected by some capitalist that needs old brand recognition? Why Glycine? Marty

3. Dave Haynes

Dave Haynes Registered User

Sep 12, 2000
    Glycine's most famous watch is the Airman
    a stainless automatic with 24 hr bezel which
    was very popular with Air Force personnel.
    I've owned a few Airmen and if I remember, they had A.S. 1500 series movements, an ebauche movement that in a later form is still made today.I think Glycine still makes them. They are an old and very high quality watch company.