A tale of woe for someone but not me.

Discussion in 'Member News and Views' started by Omexa, Sep 11, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Omexa

Omexa Registered User

Feb 28, 2010
    Hi, when I worked as a volunteer for Red Cross, for about 6 years, I sometimes picked up cheap or to go out in the rubbish items from deceased estates. Ten years later I was looking for a movement and I found a plastic bag with about 15 Wrist Watches in various states of disrepair. The bag had been in the rubbish pile and I paid AU 50 cents for the bag. I later found an Omega seamaster wrist watch not going, so I put it on eBay at AU$25.00 starting bid and AU$100.00 buy it now. To my surprise when I checked 3 days later it had sold for AU$700.00. Two people had got into a bidding war. So the other day I looked in the bag and I found a Seiko Auto; so I put it on eBay at AU$25.00 with a buy it now for AU$150.00; it sold for the buy it now price in a short time. I had been looking at another HP server (I sell Computers to pay for my Pocket Watch addiction.)

The seller wanted AU$159.00 for it and I beat him down to AU$150.00; he said that’s OK it will cost me AU$50.00 to send it by Carrier to Darwin. So I paid him and it had actually cost me only AU 25 cents; I used the wrist watch money to pay him. He later sent me a tale of woe. He had to go to work and he asked his girlfriend to send it to me for him; instead of going to the Carrier she went to the Post Office; when told the cost to send it she tried to ring him and could not get to him. What happened is that it has been sent by Parcel Post at a cost of AU$149.05. It was not a good day for him. Aah that is life. Regards Ray

1.jpg

2. Omexa

Omexa Registered User

Feb 28, 2010
    Hi, just so you don't think I made this all up, here is the receipt. I am not sure what the AU$5.00 is for? I just checked the Tracking and it has left Sydney. Regards Ray

s-l1600.jpg

3. kevin h

kevin h Registered User

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    cambridge md
    Country Flag:
    Well at least give him a good rating ! I have seen sellers spend more to ship than the item sold for, you need to know what your doing !

4. Omexa

Omexa Registered User

Feb 28, 2010
    I already have left him the top Rating. Regards Ray

5. musicguy

musicguy Registered User
    NAWCC Member Sponsor

Jan 12, 2017
    New York State
    Country Flag:
    Not a good day for the seller indeed.

Rob