A question about the upcoming auction

Discussion in 'Member News and Views' started by Roy Horrorlogic, May 20, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Roy Horrorlogic

Roy Horrorlogic Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Mar 7, 2017
    Country Flag:
    I just received the email about the upcoming auction in June. I live in England and for all sorts of practical reasons it is not possible for me to attend, much as I would love to (my only visit to the USA, sadly, was a few weeks working in NYC in 1997). However I have a couple of rather special pieces which I would like to sell. My question - and apologies for the vague generality - is whether it would be a practicable possibility to consign a couple of watches to the auction?
    If any other non-USA resident has experience and/or advice about doing this I would appreciate opinions.
    Roy

2. new2clocks

new2clocks Registered User
    NAWCC Member Sponsor

Apr 25, 2005
    Pennsylvania
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Roy,

I assume you are referring to watches and / or pocket watches and not clocks.

Why don't you contact the auction house? If they are a large enough auction house, they probably experienced this situation in the past and may be able to provide some good advice.

If they are global (Sotheby's, etc.), then they could possibly advise on upcoming U.K. or European auctions that would be make consignment easier.

Regards.

3. Roy Horrorlogic

Roy Horrorlogic Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Mar 7, 2017
    Country Flag:
    Thanks!
    However I was referring to this one - on the assumption, possibly incorrect, that this is an auction organised by and under the auspices of NAWCC.
    2019 NAWCC NATIONAL CONVENTION
    Annual Auction
    S.gif
    S.gif
    S.gif
    2019 National Convention
    3edd15a1-866b-4c6e-acc1-e0f8ff617427.jpg

4. shutterbug

shutterbug Moderator
    NAWCC Member

Oct 19, 2005
    Male
    Self employed interpreter/clock repairer
    Iowa
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I'll alert @Tom McIntyre to this thread. He might know who to contact.

5. new2clocks

new2clocks Registered User
    NAWCC Member Sponsor

Apr 25, 2005
    Pennsylvania
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
  6. Tom McIntyre

Tom McIntyre Technical Admin
    Staff Member NAWCC Star Fellow NAWCC Ruby Member Sponsor

Aug 24, 2000
    Male
    retired SW dev
    Boston
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    The auction at the National Meeting is being conducted and managed by Schmitt-Horan Auctioneers. The event site is at https://2019nationalconvention.nawcc.org. There is a tab on that site about the auction and the auction house is one of the event sponsors with an ad on the sponsorship page.

We have a forum dedicated to the discussion of NAWCC Events NAWCC Events where you can ask questions and discuss ideas for the event. If you start a new thread you should choose the thread prefix for the event since the forum is home to all NAWCC events.

I see no reason why you could not submit items for the auction. If the item is large there might be shipping issues. The current auction web page does not have the items listed, but it will before the auction on June 27th. https://2019nationalconvention.nawcc.org/auction.html