• Upcoming updates
    Over the next couple of weeks we will be performing software updates on the forum. These will be completed in small steps as we upgrade individual software addons. You might occasionally see a maintenance message that will last a few minutes at most.

If we anticipate an update will take more than a few minutes, we'll put up a notice with estimated time.

Thank you!

A. Nicolet watch

Woolshire

Jan 26, 2005
Country
Region
I have this little pocket watch (I would incorrectly call it a 3/0 size). It says A. Nicolet on the dust cover, with a serial number. The watch number matches. Obviously, the watch needs restoration, but I am wondering if that would be worth undertaking. The case is marked 0.800, with hallmarks on the covers and case body.
Thanks in advance!
upload_2018-4-3_9-25-3.png

MartyR

Dec 16, 2008
UK
Country
Nicolet were a good maker, but this is a lady's watch which makes it in general less collectible.

Apart from the obvious need for re-assembly of the movement, do you know if any parts are missing? If you don't know, I guess that a skilled antique watch repairer would be able to tell you within a short time.

Once you know the answer to that question, the same repairer will give you a decent estimate of the costs of restoration. Incidentally, are the dial and hands in good condition?

Post again with the estimated cost and we can do our best to say whether or not this project is worth undertaking :)

Woolshire

Jan 26, 2005
Country
Region
The watch is complete except for the hairspring. The old one is mangled and broken.
I will do the work myself. A good cleaning should be all it needs, once the hairspring is repaired.

Does anyone have any specific info on this watch, or point me to info I can look up?
Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jabberwalky
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Swiss Fake by Kent