A New York Times Clockword Puzzle

Discussion in 'Horological Misc' started by Scottie-TX, Nov 2, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Scottie-TX

Scottie-TX Registered User
    Deceased

Apr 6, 2004
    Retired
    Mesquite, TX
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    When newspapers started costing as much per year as a basic laptop I ceased daily delivery and only buy Wed. and Thur. mostly only for the NY Times crossword puzzles. Wed. and Thur. always have a theme and some kind of trick or twist. Mon. and Tue are too easy. Fri. and Sat, dry and boring. Some Sundays are good but I'm not paying three dollars for a puzzle. Last Thursday's had a cool twist. It was a clock. I had figured out the trick. Twelve clues were related to a number but there was no square for the number so you leave the number outside the grid. I had gotten all but the ten and eleven but still 41 Across was elusive - " Instrument that hints at the missing parts of certain answers in this puzzle"
    VOILA! A Clock!

Attached Files:

2. richiec

richiec Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Feb 24, 2007
    Male
    automotive warranty inspector
    Brick, Ocean, NJ
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Interesting puzzle. I buy the local wrapping paper only for the 2 crossword puzzles on Sunday, the rest of the paper is just not good. Do I see that you do the puzzle in ink?

3. Scottie-TX

Scottie-TX Registered User
    Deceased

Apr 6, 2004
    Retired
    Mesquite, TX
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    You do. I do. You also see lotsa strikeovers! I'm still a bit perplexed about ten and eleven. They seem to be out of place or something.
    "ten best" and "eleven ball"; Hmmmmm.