A little info please

Discussion in 'General Clock Discussions' started by beechleaf, Dec 29, 2015.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. beechleaf

beechleaf Registered User

Apr 9, 2013
    U.S. Postal Service
    Utah
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I'm thinking of buying this skeleton clock the ad only says vintage and the pics are not the great of quality here is the description. Buy seller

Base weighs 40 lbs,solid marble.....all brass clock with three faces,large glass display dome....works xlnt,made in france.

When you are looking at the clock you can see the straight forward that there is a time, minute, and seconds dials and on each side of the clock there time dials? Appears to be cathedral style type of clock single chain drive fussee Has a nice dome cover on this marble base. looked on line at a lot of skeleton type clocks but could not find any thing like this. I am thinking that it made 1950-1960 but unsure on that. If any one might have a good guess on this clock with out pics manufacture size or any other particulars let me know I have left the sell a message to get more info on the clock before I take a two hour drive to go look at it.
    Thanks for your help Beechleaf

2. beechleaf

Apr 9, 2013
    U.S. Postal Service
    Utah
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Update seller called and this is what he told me with dome it stand about 2 feet tall clock it self is around 18 inches tall, base of the clock is about 10 inches across and marble base about 14 inches round, and was told that it tells time for three different time zones? If I do buy it will post pics thanks again Beechleaf

3. whcureton

whcureton Registered User

Oct 27, 2010
    Retired
    Paradise, CA
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I don't see any photos ... you state "I'm thinking of buying this skeleton clock..." but there is
    nothing to look at. It appears that you don't have the clock nearby to photograph. As your
    search for info continues try entering "domed skeleton clock made in france" in your google
    search bar and look at the pictures that come up. I love a good detective story!
    - Bill in Northern California

4. shutterbug

shutterbug Moderator
    NAWCC Member

Oct 19, 2005
    Male
    Self employed interpreter/clock repairer
    Iowa
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    The part about telling time for three different time zones bothered me, until I realized that you can put the hour hands anywhere you want and the three dials would still run from a single movement. Still, it's very unusual to see one like that in a smaller size, so caution is in order.

5. beechleaf

Apr 9, 2013
    U.S. Postal Service
    Utah
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    #5 beechleaf, Dec 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2016
    I can't transfer his pics to here as they are very small when transferred off of craigs list. Not many people round here buy clocks off craigs list if they do buy it is off E bay :screwball: Don't get me wrong there are some really nice clocks on there site but for me it the Story behind the clock