A gift to our younger members

Discussion in 'Member News and Views' started by dweiss17, Mar 13, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. dweiss17

dweiss17 Registered User
    Old Timer NAWCC Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Retired from Graphic Arts
    Philadelphia, PA
    Country Flag:
    #1 dweiss17, Mar 13, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
    Ladies and Gentlemen:

Besides a membership in the NAWCC Chapter 190 to a young man named Ty Kalb, I am giving away to three more young members a full year membership in this greatest of all Chapters in the NAWCC. You must send your full information to me, name, address, status in the NAWCC, your interests, etc.

From the email results I will choose three names at random and pay for their first year membership in NAWCC Chapter 190. No matter where you live in the USA...you will be transported to the role as a member of this great and forward looking Chapter 190 of Ventura and Santa Barbara counties, California.

Please read the wonderful and beautifully prepared monthly Newsletter below.

http://www.nawcc-ch190.com/newsletters/ChronoTimesMarch2016.pdf

TO ALL CHAPTER 190 MEMBERS, NAWCC MEMBER, CLOCK & WATCH COLLECTORS AND INTERESTED FRIENDS PLEASE FIND BELOW A LINK TO OUR LATEST NEWSLETTER.

OUR AUTHORS AND EDITOR REALLY SHINE BRIGHTLY, PLEASE ENJOY THE GREAT ARTICLES.

dweiss17@verizon.net

2. FDelGreco

FDelGreco Registered User
    NAWCC Star Fellow Sponsor NAWCC Diamond Member

Aug 28, 2000
    Male
    Retired chemical engineer
    Novelty, OH
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Dan:

What do you consider a "younger member" (I noticed you didn't ask for age in your request for information)? Compared to you, every member is a younger member! <grin>

Frank

3. dweiss17

dweiss17 Registered User
    Old Timer NAWCC Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Philadelphia, PA
    Country Flag:
    Frank:

Anyone younger than me at 100 years and 93 days.

Dan

4. dweiss17

dweiss17 Registered User
    Old Timer NAWCC Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Philadelphia, PA
    Country Flag:
    Funny:

I want to give away four FREE memberships in that great NAWCC Chapter 190 in California. We've had about 87 hits and so far no takers.

Looks like spending my money is verboten. Four subscriptions would cost me 100 bucks. I wonder what goes?

5. shutterbug

shutterbug Moderator
    NAWCC Member

Oct 19, 2005
    Male
    Self employed interpreter/clock repairer
    North Carolina
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I suspect you would have to be close to the chapter to get the greatest benefit from a membership. You're quite quite a ways away too, Dan :)

6. dweiss17

dweiss17 Registered User
    Old Timer NAWCC Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Philadelphia, PA
    Country Flag:
    No matter!You still get the benefit of their wonderful Newsletter and other stuff emailed from time to time.

Plus you are treated with the respect due any NAWCC member. And you do make new friends.

I could show emails that do the exact opposite...but choose not to.

7. Dave Coatsworth

Dave Coatsworth Senior Administrator
    NAWCC Fellow NAWCC Business Sponsor

Feb 11, 2005
    Male
    Watch Parts Dealer
    Camarillo, CA
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    #7 Dave Coatsworth, Mar 15, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
    OK. Let's help Dan spend his money and help Chapter 190's work at the same time!

Just some examples of what Chapter 190 is doing...

We initiated the 2 day 'Introduction to Antique Clock Collecting, Repair and Maintenance' course. We've now given 10 of them with an 11th scheduled. This course is open to the public and has been instrumental in bringing quite a few new members to the NAWCC. Many go on from this course to take Field Suitcase classes. See our Education page for more information (http://nawcc-ch190.com/education.html). See our Video Libaray for videos of course material (http://nawcc-ch190.com/VideoLibrary.html).

Check out some of the terrific Chapter 190 newsletters here: http://nawcc-ch190.com/newsletter.html

We have initiatives in the works to reach out to even more potential NAWCC members. Watch our website for details.

Of course, all of this information on our website is free to all. You don't need to be a member. But, by becoming a member, you support and allow us to further this work!

A big THANK YOU to Dan for his generous offer!