A flag for the nawcc?

Discussion in 'Horological Misc' started by dweiss17, Feb 23, 2012.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. dweiss17

dweiss17 Registered User
    Old Timer NAWCC Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Retired from Graphic Arts
    Philadelphia, PA
    Country Flag:
    What do you think?

In speaking with Markus Harris, our NAWCC Communications Director, I broached the subject that the NAWCC
    should have its own (designed) flag flying above one of our clock towers in Columbia, PA.

Receiving the OK to speak (write) about this subject, I will offer a prize…either $100 cash or a watch…wrist or pocket valued at more than the cash award. (Your choice.)

The design can encompass either a dial with stripes our NAWCC name or whatever may come to the mind of the
    winning designer.

It is thought, we should have at least 20 entries to choose from as the winner.

Just stop to think…someone will be extremely proud to have his designated, designed flag to fly above a clock tower in honor of North America’s leading watch and clock Museum.

You can be part of the history of the NAWCC.

2. neighmond

neighmond Registered User

Jan 31, 2003
    Horologist, Teacher of Horology
    Rural Iowa
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Is this open to non members?

3. dweiss17

dweiss17 Registered User
    Old Timer NAWCC Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Retired from Graphic Arts
    Philadelphia, PA
    Country Flag:
    yhink every woman, man, child should have the opportunity to compete. An NAWCC member or not!

4. FDelGreco

FDelGreco Registered User
    NAWCC Star Fellow NAWCC Member Sponsor

Aug 28, 2000
    Male
    Retired chemical engineer
    Novelty, OH
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Dan:

As I proposed in the other thread you started, I think our logo on the flag would be appropriate. We already have that image trademarked.

Who will pay for having the flag made? I think it's about $1000 to have a custom flag made that is durable and doesn't shred, as I don't think we have a flagpole to lower it in every storm.

Do we even have a pole on top of the clock tower? That would cost additional, and we would have to provide additional lightning protection.

Frank