A Brand New Day that went downhill very quickly.

Discussion in 'Member News and Views' started by Omexa, May 25, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Omexa

Omexa Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Male
    Retired
    Darwin, Australia
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Hi, I will give you something to chuckle about. The day started off very good; I sold a Laptop to a mate who is going to live in Thailand. Then the trouble started; I stepped out the door to say hello to a neighbour; a gust of wind slammed the door shut; I am then locked out of my unit in just my shorts. ( first time in 13 years) I cannot get in by getting a ladder and climbing up to the balcony; because no-one I know has a ladder and because of robberies in the area I have put strong mesh 7 feet high to stop Ice fueled thieves. So I needed an electric drill; I have 2 inside where I can't get at them. I then went to a friends nearby place who suffers from a mild form of dementia; sure I have an electric drill he says; it is in the locker in the yard. So he gives me the keys to the locker and when I try to get into the yard I found out he has lost-misplaced the keys to get into the backyard. I then climb over a 6 feet high tin fence and discover that the keys do not fit the locker. I then climb back over the tin fence and discover that 77 year old people are not supposed to be climbing fences; I have hurt my back. I then ring another of my mates and he brings around an electric drill, bits and a long lead which I plug into the downstairs units power. In a few minutes I have drilled the center of the lock out and I am back in the unit; I have a spare lock that is now fitted to the door. My groceries from Woolworths were supposed to be delivered between 5AM and 8AM and while I was away, and the driver attempted to deliver them and went on his way. The groceries are now going to be delivered today. I just hope that today goes OK. Regards Ray

20180526_022924.jpg

2. novicetimekeeper

novicetimekeeper Registered User

Jul 26, 2015
    Male
    retired and on my second career
    Dorset
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I hope your day improves!

3. Keith R...

Keith R... Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Nov 27, 2012
    Male
    Retired Sr. Proj. mgr,
    South
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Dang Ray, after your day...............I feel better already. Check this out. Twenty years ago
    I had a chance to buy 6 acres on the Rolling Fork river below my farm. I chose not to. As I
    pulled your bad day story up, I have to listen to all the gun fire below my cliffs where that
    6 acres is. They have turned it into a camping Mecca for Memorial Day weekend.

So glad you're OK, but I need a bullet proof vest.

Keith R...

4. novicetimekeeper

novicetimekeeper Registered User

Jul 26, 2015
    Male
    retired and on my second career
    Dorset
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    You should have taken Mark Twain's advice... buy land they have stopped making it.

5. Omexa

Omexa Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Male
    Retired
    Darwin, Australia
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Hi, everything has now gone back to normal; my groceries have been delivered and my back is OK. Regards Ray

6. PatH

PatH National Program Chair
    NAWCC Fellow NAWCC Member

Dec 5, 2014
    Female
    Texas
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Hooray! Thanks for letting us know that all is well and today is a new (and different) day.

7. richiec

richiec Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Feb 24, 2007
    Male
    automotive warranty inspector
    Brick, Ocean, NJ
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    What were you thinking at 77, I have my doubts at 65, I can't even jump a 4 foot fence these days.

8. Omexa

Omexa Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Male
    Retired
    Darwin, Australia
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Hi richiec, sometimes age does not bring with it wisdom. On the good side I am pretty fit for my age. Regards Ray