Mechanical WW 7 Jewel Pin Lever Accuracy

Discussion in 'Watch Repair' started by Paul Raposo, Sep 8, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Paul Raposo

Paul Raposo Registered User
    Donor

Nov 4, 2005
    Cambridge, ON Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I picked up a nice looking watch with calendar display and it has a MST 404 7 jewel pin lever movement.

The movement winds sets and runs and the calendar works correctly but the movement is losing 25 minutes a day dial up.

I have a great watch repairer but before I send this watch for servicing I wanted to know if after a good cleaning oiling and timing do these movements keep reasonably good time?

I don't want to spend $150 to $200 just to see it still runs minutes per day out.

[​IMG]

2. richiec

richiec Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Feb 24, 2007
    Male
    automotive warranty inspector
    Brick, Ocean, NJ
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    What I feat the most about these movements is wear to the pivot holes in the plates, then repair is definitely not cost effective. Personally, I think you could do better investing that money is a nicer, working day/date unless it has any family provenance.

3. Paul Raposo

Paul Raposo Registered User
    Donor

Nov 4, 2005
    Cambridge, ON Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Thank you for your thoughts on this richiec, very much appreciated :thumb: