• Member Voting Now through June 6. Check Your Email for a Link to the Online Ballot. The Ballot Contains Links to Each Proposed Amendment to Bylaws and Articles of Incorporation.

6-3/4-inch tall Kundo. Had never seen anniversary clock this small!

Robert Gift

Nov 12, 2012
Denver, Colorado
Country
Region
Purchased at ARC Thrift Store. Shelf top of glass dome is 6-3/4 inches.
Is there a model number anywhere?

Ran a few minutes, then stopped.
Then ran an hour or so, then stopped.
Felt like the main spring was wound too tight, so I made the verge "vibrate" to release some of the tension.
Now running 9 days!

What should the period between ticks?
(Wanted to remove the minute hand because I doubthat it is accurate at all in the temperature swings of our house.
Wife say no.)

Can (should) I use 0W-20 full synthetic motor oil to lubricate pinions?
Thank you.

Last edited:

Robert Gift

Nov 12, 2012
Denver, Colorado
Country
Region
Shall try to post photos. But don't khow.

Last edited:

Robert Gift

Nov 12, 2012
Denver, Colorado
Country
Region
Forgoto ask: Since this has a smaller spring, is it really a 400-day clock?

J. A. Olson

NAWCC Member
Dec 21, 2006
WI
Country
Region
Click 'Attach files' when writing a post and it should load the selection screen for you to upload images from your computer.
Photos from a digital camera can be loaded onto the computer by inserting the camera's SD card.
Photos should then be able to load on the computer, then uploaded here.

attach.png

Most 400 day clocks do not require extremely large springs. These clocks are not renowned for accuracy but make for fun novelty pieces.

Reactions: Robert Gift

Ken M

Feb 28, 2009
Holiday, FL
Country
Region
This is a Kundo Midget, not a true midget, but it was called that. I believe it is the smallest domed Kundo. The mini is basically the same cock. I have one but can't find a pic of it and the cat is sleeping in my lap so I can't go take a pic right now.

P9270001.JPG

Schatznut

NAWCC Member
Sep 26, 2020
SoCal
Country
Region
This is a Kundo Midget, not a true midget, but it was called that. I believe it is the smallest domed Kundo. The mini is basically the same cock. I have one but can't find a pic of it and the cat is sleeping in my lap so I can't go take a pic right now.

View attachment 691881
Ken, you've got your priorities right!

MUN CHOR-WENG

Sep 5, 2000
Country
The smallest Kundo in my collection is shown below, it is a midget model just little under 5 1/2 -inch tall.

1643007630085.jpeg

The back plate is similar to Plate 1407 H.
Part of the lower center portion of the back plate was cut off to accommodate the upper portion of the pendulum leaving the lower porion of the pendulum as seen from the front. While in most 4-ball pendulum the balls were held downward, here they are held upward. There is no pendulum cup for this model as there is no center column projecting from in the pendulum. All these made it possible for Kundo to produce one of the smallest post WWII 400-day clocks.
1643008364638.jpeg

Mun C W

Wayne A

NAWCC Member
Sep 24, 2019
Country
Region
Pictures would help.. The kundo midgets I have are 600bph clocks, same as kundo miniatures.

Wayne

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caseysomm
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-