• The online Bulletins and Mart and Highlights are currently unavailable due to a failure of a network piece of equipment. We are working to replace it and have the Online publications available as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

400 day clock

clockman230@comcast.net

Jan 30, 2005
Country
i have tried everything!!! the clock runs fine without tension, but when the hands are put on, it runs for maybe 2 hours then stops. what suggestions do you have?

clockman230@comcast.net

Jan 30, 2005
Country
i have tried everything!!! the clock runs fine without tension, but when the hands are put on, it runs for maybe 2 hours then stops. what suggestions do you have?

clockman230@comcast.net

Jan 30, 2005
Country

clockman230@comcast.net

Jan 30, 2005
Country

RL

Mar 28, 2004
Country
pamacm,
You can also go back to the main page--scroll down and you will see the "400 day and torsion clock" forum. probably get lots of replys there.

RL

Mar 28, 2004
Country
pamacm,
You can also go back to the main page--scroll down and you will see the "400 day and torsion clock" forum. probably get lots of replys there.

D

DrewV

Originally posted by pamacm:
That's not a huge surprise. These clocks are notorious for being sensitive to adjustment.

You can't tighten up the hand nut like you do with "regular" clocks. You have to have it "just snug" so the canon pinion has virtually no friction on it. Try loosening the hand nut until the hands slip on the shaft, then tighten up just a hair from that point to prevent the hands from slipping.

If that works fine, and you still want to tighten it up a bit more, then you can always keep tightening the nut a little bit at a time until the clock stops, then back it off again.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DrewV

Originally posted by pamacm:
That's not a huge surprise. These clocks are notorious for being sensitive to adjustment.

You can't tighten up the hand nut like you do with "regular" clocks. You have to have it "just snug" so the canon pinion has virtually no friction on it. Try loosening the hand nut until the hands slip on the shaft, then tighten up just a hair from that point to prevent the hands from slipping.

If that works fine, and you still want to tighten it up a bit more, then you can always keep tightening the nut a little bit at a time until the clock stops, then back it off again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: happycusa

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mishellmcgee
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-