• The NAWCC Museum and Library & Research Center are currently open. Please check the Visiting Schedule for Days and Hours at the bottom of the Visit Page.

341-020A Hermle movement

Jim_Miller

NAWCC Member
Mar 6, 2001
Jackson, Michigan
Country
Region
I’ve got a 341-020A pendulum movement in for service. I’ve been searching but cannot find what the “A” means at the end of the model number. I’m not sure if it’s merely a date code or if signifies a difference from model#341-020. I’ve found a reference to it in my Hermle service manual but no information. Can anyone shed any light on this?
Thanks,
Jim

MARK A. BUTTERWORTH

NAWCC Life Member
NAWCC Member
Jul 4, 2009
Muscatine, Iowa 52761
Country
Region
Hermle adds a letter code after the movement number anytime an engineering change is made to the parts that make up the movement. In this specific example the hammer wires were changed from round to flat wire. The lifting mechanism for the the hammers was also changed. This is done to identify the parts that make up the movement

Jim_Miller

NAWCC Member
Mar 6, 2001
Jackson, Michigan
Country
Region
Thank you very much Mark. I appreciate the information
Jim

514 Poplar Street
Columbia, PA 17512

Phone: 717-684-8261

Contact the Webmaster for perceived copyright infringement (DMCA Registration Number 1010287).

Copyright © National Association of Watch and Clock Collectors Inc (A 501c3 non-profit corporation). All Rights Reserved.

The NAWCC is dedicated to providing association services, promoting interest in and encouraging the collecting of clocks and watches including disseminating knowledge of the same.