30 Dollars from China got me a copy of what?

Discussion in 'Wrist Watches' started by ElectricBlake, Jun 29, 2020 at 7:54 PM.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. ElectricBlake

ElectricBlake Registered User

Jun 16, 2020
    Country Flag:
    sda65f6+asd5f6+.PNG
    Does this look like another watch? I know how the chinese like to copy things!
    4f56gh4dfg56h4.PNG
    ^On the timegrapher looks great, what a surprise

2. Adam Harris

Adam Harris Registered User
    Moore NWCM Award

May 3, 2012
    Male
    Jubilado (retired)
    Costa Blanca - Spain
    Country Flag:
    Got you a pile of junk
    Its neither a chronograph as it deports to be nor a tourbillon' that it imagines to me.

Thats the bad news - the good news is not counterfeit - so you can post it here, discuss it and even sell it

Enjoy, it will keep fine time
    A

3. ElectricBlake

ElectricBlake Registered User

Jun 16, 2020
    Country Flag:
    I honestly love the open heart, indeed listed as tourbillon, but I knew better of course, the pushers actuate the day, day of week(hidden bottom left), and month, all function properly so far, week and day changes are automatic, but month is not.

I was just wondering if it was a say, homage, to another watch, I thought there was at least a resemblance to a L.U.C Perpetual T

As far as selling it, well its prolly worthless on the used market lol, I'll wear it until it dies

Thank you very much!

4. Tomxhar

Tomxhar Registered User

Sep 2, 2019
    Male
    Country Flag:
    Its not a "pile of junk", as said, it is a nice looking watch with several complications that are common in quite a few high-end watches like Patek Philippe and Vacheron Constantin. Google for 'day date' under these names to see examples.
    As Oscar Wilde once said, "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery", and your watch certainly does that! :)

Kevin W. likes this.
  5. Hawk53

Hawk53 Registered User

Dec 19, 2013
    retired
    native Californian
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Not my cup of tea, but has a nice look to it.enjoy!

6. Whereisitat

Whereisitat Registered User

Mar 14, 2017
    Country Flag:
    Truth be told...IMHO the Chinese watches are very good values.

I bought a few small skeleton clones that go for less than $20.00 today long ago. I wanted something small enough to be a challenge to hone my skills on but working so I didn't have to chase many problems. 2 of the 3 came out so nice it rivals many swiss on the wrist or timing machine. My wife wore hers for 2 years till we retired it for sentimental reasons. The 3rd was a parts watch from the start.

I'm wearing a 6498 copy right now & it is my most accurate wrist watch and the latest copies have a jeweled barrel and the mainspring is upgraded to keep the amplitude at or above 300 till near the end of the wind.

I don't think they are manually poised but most every one I've tested is very well poised and keep time well in 6 positions. Some are better than others & I've had duds or ones where the balance was too light to get the positions to agree but for the most part-they are a cheap accurate fun to wear watch.

And if you break it no tears.

Tomxhar likes this.
  7. Dr. Jon

Dr. Jon Moderator
    NAWCC Member

Dec 14, 2001
    Aerospace Engineer
    New Hampshire
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I like that they are making fairly original styes and getting a large date , two window for that price is very good. Do the buttons set the calendar?

8. Kevin W.

Kevin W. Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Apr 11, 2002
    I work at the Veritas Tools machine shop.
    Nepean, Ontario, Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Electric nice watch. I have a few too. They do keep good time too.

9. Rick Hufnagel

Rick Hufnagel Just Rick!
    NAWCC Member Donor Sponsor

Oct 25, 2018
    Male
    Plumber
    Pittsburgh pa
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Ditto

Reliable, inexpensive and fun.