30 Dollars from China got me a copy of what?

ElectricBlake

Jun 16, 2020
Country
sda65f6+asd5f6+.PNG
Does this look like another watch? I know how the chinese like to copy things!
4f56gh4dfg56h4.PNG
^On the timegrapher looks great, what a surprise

Adam Harris

Moore NWCM Award
May 3, 2012
Costa Blanca - Spain
highercailber.com
Country
Got you a pile of junk
Its neither a chronograph as it deports to be nor a tourbillon' that it imagines to me.

Thats the bad news - the good news is not counterfeit - so you can post it here, discuss it and even sell it

Enjoy, it will keep fine time
A

ElectricBlake

Jun 16, 2020
Country
I honestly love the open heart, indeed listed as tourbillon, but I knew better of course, the pushers actuate the day, day of week(hidden bottom left), and month, all function properly so far, week and day changes are automatic, but month is not.

I was just wondering if it was a say, homage, to another watch, I thought there was at least a resemblance to a L.U.C Perpetual T

As far as selling it, well its prolly worthless on the used market lol, I'll wear it until it dies

Thank you very much!

Tomxhar

Registered user.
Sep 2, 2019
Country
Its not a "pile of junk", as said, it is a nice looking watch with several complications that are common in quite a few high-end watches like Patek Philippe and Vacheron Constantin. Google for 'day date' under these names to see examples.
As Oscar Wilde once said, "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery", and your watch certainly does that! :)

Reactions: Kevin W.

Whereisitat

Mar 14, 2017
Country
Truth be told...IMHO the Chinese watches are very good values.

I bought a few small skeleton clones that go for less than $20.00 today long ago. I wanted something small enough to be a challenge to hone my skills on but working so I didn't have to chase many problems. 2 of the 3 came out so nice it rivals many swiss on the wrist or timing machine. My wife wore hers for 2 years till we retired it for sentimental reasons. The 3rd was a parts watch from the start.

I'm wearing a 6498 copy right now & it is my most accurate wrist watch and the latest copies have a jeweled barrel and the mainspring is upgraded to keep the amplitude at or above 300 till near the end of the wind.

I don't think they are manually poised but most every one I've tested is very well poised and keep time well in 6 positions. Some are better than others & I've had duds or ones where the balance was too light to get the positions to agree but for the most part-they are a cheap accurate fun to wear watch.

And if you break it no tears.

Reactions: Tomxhar

Dr. Jon

NAWCC Member
Dec 14, 2001
New Hampshire
Country
Region
I like that they are making fairly original styes and getting a large date , two window for that price is very good. Do the buttons set the calendar?

Kevin W.

NAWCC Member
Apr 11, 2002
Nepean, Ontario, Canada
Country
Region
Electric nice watch. I have a few too. They do keep good time too.

Jeff Hess

Gold Business Member
Sep 3, 2000
Florida
www.ballwatchusa.com
Country
Region
Truth is they can make anything you want. When they get good at this...and they are getting good at this.. they "may" out Japanese the Japanese.

I had some watches made there. Found a nice watch for 20 dollars usa, had them add a sapphire crystal and a Swiss quartz movement and a screw down crown and it became a 55 dollar watch.

I bought a dozen genuine Tourbillons of my own design complete with "Geneva stripe" damaskeening...for 400 dollars each. (well, my own design is a stretch but you get the idea.)

To many on here, Chinese watches make them crazy. Disgusted. And indeed many or cheap junk. But they make some very fine stuff.

They have a long way to go to make a watch to compete with a Patek or a Rolex or Grand Seiko, but they are making some very very fine stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmvalente
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
NAWCC Online Structure and Operation by Tom McIntyre