22 Jewel Poljot Marine Deck Watch Staff needed

Discussion in 'European & Other Pocket Watches' started by Dutto11, Oct 1, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dutto11

Dutto11 Registered User

Jul 12, 2006
    Designer, Engeering
    Brisbane, Australia
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Hi all,
    I just purchased my first Poljot Deck watch and as usual it has a problem. When I say as usual I meant for me as I tend to fix broken watches and bring them back to life,
    The above watch has a broken staff and I was wondering if anyone has one or knows where I can pick one up. I know they are on eBay but the price seems a bit high so I thought I'd look around to see if they are out there first.
    I don't have it yet so not sure if it needs anything else but will wait and see.
    The picture is mine and it shows the balance out.
    Many thanks
    Gary

3113932397_s-l1600_(3).jpg

2. Dr. Jon

Dr. Jon Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Dec 14, 2001
    Aerospace Engineer
    New Hampshire
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Search eBay using "russian chronometer parts" I bought a part from a guy in Riga and I am sure he has staffs and a complete balance if you do not want to re-staff. It was some time ago so I do not recall his name but if you can't find the seller I try to dig up the contact.

3. LloydB

LloydB Registered User

Feb 24, 2006
    Male
    Retired
    La Crosse, Wisconsin's West Coast
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Could posting this request in the
    'watch-repair' forum be fruitful?

Watch Repair

4. Dutto11

Dutto11 Registered User

Jul 12, 2006
    Designer, Engeering
    Brisbane, Australia
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Dr Jon,
    Thanks for that and there is one place on eBay that is selling one for $75.00+ (Staff) and $235.00+ (Complete Balance).
    I didn't realize they would be so expensive.
    If you can fine the guy you purchased from then I will give him a go as well.
    LloydB,
    I have done just that.

5. Dr. Jon

Dr. Jon Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Dec 14, 2001
    Aerospace Engineer
    New Hampshire
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I found that listing from dshop2005. That is the guy I bought my parts from.

His feedback is a bot low and if I had not dealt with him I would be reluctant to recommend him but I dealt with him last march and got the part I needed.

My transaction was bit more complex. The part I wanted was not listed so we did it via ebay messages. The part was as agreed.

Your staff is a simpler matter and it should not be a problem, unless there are different pivot sizes. I suggest you ask him about that because if you buy it and there are different pivot sizes andyou get the wrong one you are out of luck. If he says they are all the same, I would believe him, and eBay will get you a refund if it is wrong.

You may get a better opinion on the repair section and perhaps someone has a better deal but I looked for the part I bought for several years. I doubt the part is going to sell out if you report to that section and await another suggestion.

6. Dutto11

Dutto11 Registered User

Jul 12, 2006
    Designer, Engeering
    Brisbane, Australia
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Dr. Jon,
    I have seen his posts and he has a staff but I have sent him a question about it so I'll have to wait to see what he comes back with.

Gary

7. Dutto11

Dutto11 Registered User

Jul 12, 2006
    Designer, Engeering
    Brisbane, Australia
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Hi guys,
    Question for you all, do I refurbish the wooden box it came (scratches and flaking varnish) or keep it as it is. cheers
    Gary

8. JTD

JTD Registered User

Sep 27, 2005
    Did you get the part you needed?

JTD

9. Dr. Jon

Dr. Jon Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Dec 14, 2001
    Aerospace Engineer
    New Hampshire
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    As to refurnishing the box , it is matter of preference. These are not sufficiently valued that condition of the box makes much difference.

10. Dutto11

Dutto11 Registered User

Jul 12, 2006
    Designer, Engeering
    Brisbane, Australia
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Hi All,
    After having a rethink I will keep the box and watch case as is with all the Patina and marks.
    As for the staff it arrived today so I will be working on it tomorrow and attempt to get it running again.
    Cheers
    Gary

11. Dutto11

Dutto11 Registered User

Jul 12, 2006
    Designer, Engeering
    Brisbane, Australia
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Hi All,
    Just and update, I received the staff and the watch as well.
    A side note is that the staff is not a friction fit but its a riveted fit so I have passed it on to my good friend to fit the staff and roller table and hair spring.(my staking set won't allow the roller table to fit in the largest hole and its not an inverto style so off ot someone with more experience.
    Will post when I get it back.
    Cheers
    Gary