2022 National Meeting 2022 NAWCC National Convention Dayton Ohio- June 23rd to 26th

Tom McIntyre

Technical Admin
Staff member
NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Ruby Member
Sponsor
Golden Circle
Aug 24, 2000
Boston
awco.org
Country
Region

Dave Coatsworth

Senior Administrator
Staff member
NAWCC Business
NAWCC Fellow
Sponsor
Feb 11, 2005
Camarillo, CA
www.daveswatchparts.com
Country
Region
A couple of observations about registering at the Radisson... First, the convention website says to call (866) 247-5162 if you cannot get the link to the Radisson to work. The link worked fine, but I was unable to get the phone number to work (unable to connect). There is another number (937) 660-5857 on the Radisson site.

Second, registering seems to lock you into arriving on the Tuesday the 21st and departing on Sunday the 26th. After you make this reservation, you will be presented with a page that gives you the opportunity to change the dates of your reservation.

Tim Orr

NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Member
Donor
Sep 27, 2008
Boulder CO
Country
Region
Good afternoon, all!

I did not try the phone numbers, but I had the same experience Dave reported with the automated registration.

Best regards!

Tim Orr

Tom McIntyre

Technical Admin
Staff member
NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Ruby Member
Sponsor
Golden Circle
Aug 24, 2000
Boston
awco.org
Country
Region
I had the same eperience, but since I was intending to book for the standard period, I did not chnge it.

You may have noticed that the Radisson set up a special web site for us and I just used that address for the page. I do not have any status with the hotel, so whomever is our contact with them should address the issue.

What would you like to see done?

Dave Coatsworth

Senior Administrator
Staff member
NAWCC Business
NAWCC Fellow
Sponsor
Feb 11, 2005
Camarillo, CA
www.daveswatchparts.com
Country
Region
I'm not sure anything really needs to be done. I was just giving a heads up to members who did not want the 'standard' dates that they would have a chance to change later. The scenario I went through was to start with the website, saw that the dates were not what I wanted but could not be changed, tried to call instead but found out the number was not valid, went ahead and booked the 'standard' dates and then found I could change them after the fact. Just wanted to save others from that hassle.

I would argue that the 22nd is the more 'standard' arrival date, unless one is planning on attending the Board meeting. I also imagine there are a few people like me who don't want to rush out on Sunday and plan on staying Sunday night.

Tom McIntyre

Technical Admin
Staff member
NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Ruby Member
Sponsor
Golden Circle
Aug 24, 2000
Boston
awco.org
Country
Region
Perhaps they could be asked to add a clarification line to the web site where it lists the registration options. i.e. "you may modify the registration details after selection" or something like that. I think that Rich and Earle are the hotel contacts on our side.

Jim Haney

NAWCC Member
Sponsor
Donor
Sep 21, 2002
Decatur, TN.
Country
Region
I can not find any contact person who would access to the Tables layout.

I can't recall if I chose some tables at one of the shows or not and would like to verify if i have some tables and the location.

Any Help is appreciated.

Jim Haney

NAWCC Member
Sponsor
Donor
Sep 21, 2002
Decatur, TN.
Country
Region
I was called by a Russ Young from Chattanooga who told me that I had already bought tables and registered at some watch show some time ago and That he was taking over the pile of forms and contacting them about it. That means that I will get a refund from the NAWCC registration that I did last week . Somebody just dropped the ball and found all of the pre=registrations done at the watch shows for last 18 months......

Tom McIntyre

Technical Admin
Staff member
NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Ruby Member
Sponsor
Golden Circle
Aug 24, 2000
Boston
awco.org
Country
Region
all of the pre=registrations done at the watch shows for last 18 months......
I am pretty sure the ones for the National in Virginia were processed, since I entered them all by hand into the iMIS Registration System.

Tom McIntyre

Technical Admin
Staff member
NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Ruby Member
Sponsor
Golden Circle
Aug 24, 2000
Boston
awco.org
Country
Region
I was recently asked to change the telephone number on the convention web site because of problems. Rooms were getting low and that was 2 weeks ago. There are other hotels, but not as convenient as the host hotel.

FDelGreco

Moore NWCM Award
NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2000
Novelty, OH
Country
Region
Today I called 937-660-5857 (option 1) and got the Radisson hotel reservation guy who booked my room for the days I wanted at $116/night. No problem.

Frank

terry hall

NAWCC Silver Member
Apr 12, 2001
Central North Carolina
Country
Region
Thanks a bunch.. called just now and are set....

website would not give the room date spreads i needed, but was able to book with Frank's phone info above.

piedmontg

NAWCC Member
Jun 14, 2009
Country
Hi
I have been a member since 1999, on and off in the hobby. My wife and I thought attending a national convention as our our first watch show would be a great outing. I sent an email request a week ago to the email address for information on registration page, Earl, and left a phone msg several days ago with no response.
Before I ask some questions on several topics is this the correct place? if not please direct me to the correct forum.

Thank You
Bob

piedmontg

NAWCC Member
Jun 14, 2009
Country
Here are our questions on the National Convention, as I mentioned in my post above we have never been to any watch and clock show at all this is our first. We have a room for the show at the convention center.

1. My wife, Gen, frequently attends events with my hobbies. For her to have full access it appears she needs to register for the show and for
each event. Is that correct?

There are a number of events – Early Bird Mart, Awards Banquet, Old Timers… luncheon. Can we just register for the show now, and then
at the show sign up for other items like these or are they on a limited basis and it is best to sign up now?

Next questions involve auction and mart. We were thinking of selling but decided the show was probably going to be enough this time:

* On wed 9am-5pm there is "WWT Watch Pre-show Setup (WWT registration required)" what is this?

* On Thursday – "7:30am – 5:00pm WWT Watch Pre-show Mart (WWT registration required)" – what is this?

* On Friday – "6:00pm - 7:30pm Auction Preview, 7:30pm - 9:30pm Live Auction!" Do I need to preregister for this in order to bid? Is this the WWT registration?

* This may be an odd question, but most places we go – swap meets, Flea Markets, etc. - cash is the approach to purchasing. This is a bit
unusual in I collect railroad watches, not the least expensive stuff, so the amount of cash we normally carry is likely a bit light for this
stuff. I assume there are ATM machines. However given most everyone deals with PayPal do dealers accept it for payment?

4. On Saturday there is an "Old Timers & Fellows Luncheon, Invitation Ticket Required" this looks like a great place to meet new folks.
Is it exclusive for show exhibitors or can folks like us come ie how do I get an invitation ticket, just pay as an event?

I think I have all my questions, if you think of something else please enlighten us, look forward to attending.

Thank You

Bob

Tom McIntyre

Technical Admin
Staff member
NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Ruby Member
Sponsor
Golden Circle
Aug 24, 2000
Boston
awco.org
Country
Region
Hi Bob,.

I am one of the people working on the event.
Here are our questions on the National Convention, as I mentioned in my post above we have never been to any watch and clock show at all this is our first. We have a room for the show at the convention center.

1. My wife, Gen, frequently attends events with my hobbies. For her to have full access it appears she needs to register for the show and for
each event. Is that correct?

There are a number of events – Early Bird Mart, Awards Banquet, Old Timers… luncheon. Can we just register for the show now, and then
at the show sign up for other items like these or are they on a limited basis and it is best to sign up now?
There is onsite registration for the show. The Old Timers and Fellows Luncheon is actually a luncheon meeting of the Old Timers Chapter that consists of the two hundred lowest NAWCC Member Number holders. It is planned for 50 attendees and might get sold out. If there are seats available they will be sold at the meeting. It is a nice lunch and we usually have a speaker to talk about something special to the local area.

The Banquet is the general wrap up event for social activities. It features award presentations for the crafts competition and for members who have earned special recognition during the year.

Both of the food events have additional fees since not all members attend them.

Your wife may register as your spouse and does not require an NAWCC Membership to attend. There is an early registration discount for the Event. The registration fee is actually for entry to the Mart and Live Auction. If your wife did not attend either of those she would not need to register.

There is no charge to attend the educational program that is open to the public or for visitng the exhibit on Ohio Timekeeping and the Crafts Contest exhibit.

The Earlybird entry fee is for those who do not need a sales table but want to have early entry to the mart room. They are admitted at the same time as those table holders who purchase less than 4 tables.

3. Next questions involve auction and mart. We were thinking of selling but decided the show was probably going to be enough this time:

* On wed 9am-5pm there is "WWT Watch Pre-show Setup (WWT registration required)" what is this?

* On Thursday – "7:30am – 5:00pm WWT Watch Pre-show Mart (WWT registration required)" – what is this?
World Wide Traders are a commercial group that holds events for mostly the high end watch dealers, but they do not restrict attendance. They charge separately from the NAWCC for their event which precedes our event. They also furnish table top cases and safes for the vendors at our show who need those.
* On Friday – "6:00pm - 7:30pm Auction Preview, 7:30pm - 9:30pm Live Auction!" Do I need to preregister for this in order to bid? Is this the WWT registration?
The Auction is not a WWT Event. It is a place for all NAWCC Members to buy and sell items in a professional auction format. The auction is limited to 100 lots that are registered before the event. Typically all the slots are sold several weeks before the meeting.
* This may be an odd question, but most places we go – swap meets, Flea Markets, etc. - cash is the approach to purchasing. This is a bit
unusual in I collect railroad watches, not the least expensive stuff, so the amount of cash we normally carry is likely a bit light for this
stuff. I assume there are ATM machines. However given most everyone deals with PayPal do dealers accept it for payment?
PayPal or other electronic payment is up to the dealers. Many accept credit cards either directly or via PayPal.
4. On Saturday there is an "Old Timers & Fellows Luncheon, Invitation Ticket Required" this looks like a great place to meet new folks.
Is it exclusive for show exhibitors or can folks like us come ie how do I get an invitation ticket, just pay as an event?
As mentioned above both meal events are open to all members, but the Old Timers' Luncheon is a function of the Old Timers Chapter
I think I have all my questions, if you think of something else please enlighten us, look forward to attending.

Thank You

Bob
You have two options for Registering for the National, There is a downoadable form on the National Convention Web Site or you may register here using the Events tab at the top of the page. The National Convention and all of our national and regional meetings are listed there. The link for the convention is National Convention Online Registration You may fill out that form on line and pay by credit card to register. You will need to be logged in to register yourself and you may then register your wife using the "Register Someone Else" Button.

I hope to see you there.

Last edited:

Gary Myers

NAWCC Member
Oct 14, 2015
Where is the "phone number" where we can contact staff for post registration errors? Seems kind of odd that the only option here is the iMIS robot. My buddy registered for me and when he did iMIS could not find me in the system, he put me in as significant other but my name was also misspelled. I would like to get it corrected.

The convention webpage, iMIS event registration and the Help for Online registration form thread has no phone# or staff name to contact. You may be missing a big opportunity in getting folks to attend and discouraging others . Since the pandemic the mindset has shifted somewhat, for our regional many members called me at the last minute and made their decision based on the conversation. For that ended up with a nice surge and turnout.

Is iMIS is becoming a replacement for human registrar? I hope not...

Cheers!
Gary

Tom McIntyre

Technical Admin
Staff member
NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Ruby Member
Sponsor
Golden Circle
Aug 24, 2000
Boston
awco.org
Country
Region
iMIS is just a tool. There are still people behind it. The Registration Chair for the 2022 National Meeting is Russ Youngs. His contact information was on the Convention web page until the mail in registration form was removed.

If Russ has the correct information about your registration, he will be able to fix it. The information from the iMIS system is sent to him to manually enter into the previous RP system which is being used for this years National Meeting. His email address is clockdoc150@gmail.com.

FDelGreco

Moore NWCM Award
NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2000
Novelty, OH
Country
Region
May I have an update as to the number of registrations and the number of tables sold?

Thank you.

Frank

Rich Newman

Board Member
Director
NAWCC Fellow
NAWCC Member
Apr 6, 2005
Illinois
www.colonialwatches.com
Country
Region
Where is the "phone number" where we can contact staff for post registration errors? Seems kind of odd that the only option here is the iMIS robot. My buddy registered for me and when he did iMIS could not find me in the system, he put me in as significant other but my name was also misspelled. I would like to get it corrected.

The convention webpage, iMIS event registration and the Help for Online registration form thread has no phone# or staff name to contact. You may be missing a big opportunity in getting folks to attend and discouraging others . Since the pandemic the mindset has shifted somewhat, for our regional many members called me at the last minute and made their decision based on the conversation. For that ended up with a nice surge and turnout.

Is iMIS is becoming a replacement for human registrar? I hope not...

Cheers!
Gary
Gary,
Marlo Davis, our head of membership services, will be at the show to signup new members and address any membership issues. She will be setup in the lobby of the convention center with the registration desk. If your issues are not resolved, send me an email (I'm the co-chair of the event) at rpnewman@nawcc.org and I'll address it. FYI, contact information for all of HQ is on the website in the "Contact Us" tab at the top of the home page.

See you in Dayton!

FDelGreco

Moore NWCM Award
NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2000
Novelty, OH
Country
Region
May I have an update as to the number of registrations and the number of tables sold?

Thank you.

Frank
Since I've gotten no response and I actually attended the convention myself, I'll answer my own question.

800 registrations and 550 tables.

Frank

Reactions: Tom McIntyre

Dick C

NAWCC Member
Oct 14, 2009
Country
Since I've gotten no response and I actually attended the convention myself, I'll answer my own question.

800 registrations and 550 tables.

Frank
Frank,

How do these compare to Pre-Covid National Meetings?

FDelGreco

Moore NWCM Award
NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2000
Novelty, OH
Country
Region
I just looked at an old convention statistics table. Nine years ago we held the national convention at Dayton -- same convention center and same hotel. There were 1,432 registrations and 770 tables.

Frank

musicguy

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2017
New York State
Country
Reactions: Rick Hufnagel

FDelGreco

Moore NWCM Award
NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2000
Novelty, OH
Country
Region
Was the cash "surplus" generated by the Dayton convention ever posted anywhere? I'd like to know the financial outcome.

Frank

FDelGreco

Moore NWCM Award
NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2000
Novelty, OH
Country
Region
Was the cash "surplus" generated by the Dayton convention ever posted anywhere? I'd like to know the financial outcome.

Frank
It has now been one week since I posted this question, and no answer, even though the ED, the board chair, and one other director has read this since it was posted. I can now only guess that the resulting surplus was zero or negative (we lost money). How can members be expected to participate in, or donate to, such events if the results are kept privileged?

Frank

musicguy

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2017
New York State
Country
Instead of asking a question to the Forum why not
direct these questions directly to the people who
are preparing these numbers or the ED. You put people
on the defensive when you demand an answer
on the open forum. It seems like this is unnecessary drama.
I could be wrong as I am not familiar with the precident
set by the NAWCC in terms of releasing information
but demanding this information also is not productive.

Rob

FDelGreco

Moore NWCM Award
NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2000
Novelty, OH
Country
Region
Rob:

That information has been released in the past. I put it on the forum as I'm sure many want to know, especially those who donated to the event. And if you read my first post CAREFULLY you'll see it wasn't stated as a demand.,

Frank

Reactions: Bryan Eyring

sprio

NAWCC Life Member
NAWCC Member
Jul 29, 2005
Country
Region
Instead of asking a question to the Forum why not
direct these questions directly to the people who
are preparing these numbers or the ED. You put people
on the defensive when you demand an answer
on the open forum. It seems like this is unnecessary drama.
I could be wrong as I am not familiar with the precident
set by the NAWCC in terms of releasing information
but demanding this information also is not productive.

Rob
I'll step up to defend Frank and his right to ask such questions on this forum, or any other. As I mentioned in another post, I have been told that contacting people at headquarters would not result in an answer. Here's the direct quote from the message sent to me:

"No member should have the expectation of asking whatever, whenever, and as many questions as they want. I can assure you that even past Directors are told the same thing. We do not and will not allocate staff or volunteer resources to answer any or all questions that someone may ask."

Given that, it seems that the forums are the only venue members have to ask such questions. Whether these questions receive an answer is a whole other matter.

Reactions: Bryan Eyring

musicguy

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2017
New York State
Country
I wasn't trying to attack anyone(sorry) but these type questions
never get answered this way on the Forum. I'm not saying don't ask questions.
Also, even though they will not answer your questions at the Home office, this
place is probably even less likley.

Rob

Jim Haney

NAWCC Member
Sponsor
Donor
Sep 21, 2002
Decatur, TN.
Country
Region
Spiro, Frank,

Send Rory McEvoy an email and ask the question, that is his job,if you do not get a response, call him, if he will not take a call, sent a report to the BOD Board of Directors - National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors, Inc. their emails are in the Bulletin and ask why ?

Also, the convention committee would have the results, so a email to one of them should get an answer.. Hopefully, if not, they should be replaced for nonperformance.....

The usual excuse is that they are volunteers, however the ED is a paid employee..

Reactions: musicguy

Tom McIntyre

Technical Admin
Staff member
NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Ruby Member
Sponsor
Golden Circle
Aug 24, 2000
Boston
awco.org
Country
Region
I know this will not satisfy those asking, but it typically takes at least 6 months to clear all the accounts and do a final report on the event. In the past we have generally waited for the final report to be told what contribution the event made to revenues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlfuller
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Ptolemy's Course of the Planets displayed by CLockwork by Tom McIntyre