Southern 2020 Southern Regional - Is Happening

Discussion in 'NAWCC Events' started by Rich Newman, Sep 11, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Rich Newman

Rich Newman Chair
    Director NAWCC Fellow NAWCC Member

Apr 6, 2005
    Male
    Retired
    Illinois
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Southern Regional in Metairie, LA is taking place. October 2 & 3.
    Steve Barnes is the General Chair. Email: thesteve4@yahoo.com

Wishing them a good show and looking forward to seeing pictures!

2. George Frick

George Frick Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Sep 8, 2016
    Male
    Retired
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Thank you for posting this. I wish there was an active link to events that could be accessed from this forum.

3. PatH

PatH Registered User
    NAWCC Fellow NAWCC Member

Dec 5, 2014
    Female
    Texas
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Not exactly from this forum, but the NAWCC website does keep an updated list that I have found to be very helpful. You can also access it by clicking on the NAWCC logo at the top of this page, then click on Events.
    Event List

4. Tom McIntyre

Tom McIntyre Technical Admin
    Staff Member NAWCC Star Fellow NAWCC Ruby Member Sponsor

Aug 24, 2000
    Male
    retired SW dev
    Boston
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    When the event has a website or a page on the main site, it should be included as a link in the announcement here/

The forum is here primarily to allow discussion and questions about the event.

The Southern Regional will be accepting registrations at the door and selling tables at the pre-registration price, I believe. This is the email sent out sans images.

Registration and Covid Form.pdf The 2020 Southern Regional

October 2-3, 2020

The Southern Regional is a GO!

We have just finalized details with the Host Hotel/Convention Center to have our Regional! Yes the Regional will happen as planned on Oct. 2-3, 2020. We may have some last-minute changes to comply with Covid 19 distancing, so be patient if we are making last minute table or table holder moves.

The NAWCC has a new Covid 19 set of safety requirements and requires the safety form to be signed. This is required from NAWCC to attend any Regional at this time. Copy of this form & other information, including a registration form are attached to this email.

Besides distancing & mask requirements from both our State & the NAWCC, the Hotel will have monitors to check on these rules & be taking temperatures of all attendees.

Pre-registration rates will be given to all attendees including walk-ins. Also, the Hotel is holding their $109.00 rates for walk-ins. So you can still make a last minute decision & come have a good time of Fun and Food & enjoy your Horological interests. Their registration # (504) 526-4595 or the desk # (504) 667-6097. The room comes with Breakfast included.

We will even have our famous Buffet banquet, but with servers, not self-serve. Still all you can eat. But there is a minimum of 30 persons required to do it. Also, we will have our renowned Hospitality including homemade goodies & enough to not need to leave the Mart room for Lunch on Saturday.

So on Oct. 2-3, 2020 come down to the Greater New Orleans area for the first Regional (not even a National) since early March, 2020. Visit with old friends & meet new friends. I have interest from a number of out of State table holders contacting me waiting to verify we are definitely a GO before they register. SO this should be a GREAT show you won’t want to miss.

We want everyone to be safe and make your own personal decision on attending our Regional if you are well enough to travel. We wish you & your family all stay safe and well during these Covid 19 times. Hope to see many of my old friends & looking forward to meets many new friends at our Regional.

Steve Barnes

Southern Regional Gen. Chair

Attached Files:

5. George Frick

George Frick Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Sep 8, 2016
    Male
    Retired
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Thank you Tom for posting this. I appreciate it.

6. geno55

geno55 Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Oct 25, 2007
    HI so how did it go, good attendance or mostly local?

7. claussclocks

claussclocks Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Mar 14, 2013
    Male
    Texas
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I attended the Southern Regional a couple of years ago. It was not as large as some of the others but the education and hospitality of the chapter were great. I enjoyed the time there.
    I was wondering how well attended it was this year being only the second regional to happen this year.