2 registered packages to germany lost in past month

Discussion in 'Lost or Stolen Horological Items' started by Luca, Mar 14, 2011.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Luca

Luca Registered User

Jan 19, 2004
    #1 Luca, Mar 14, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2011
    So it appears the German postal service may be going downhill. I sent two registered packages to Germany recently and both unaccounted for - which is amazing considering registered mail is supposedly signed for and tracked at every stop. I wonder what is happening there? In the future it will be Express Mail with signature only, fully insured.

The items lost: Omega Seamaster De Ville with movement no. 21898023 (best I can tell) caliber 560 with case no. 166.020. Date watch. Item 2 is a Swiss Chronograph with Register pocket watch made for Arthur Jackson in Toronto. The movement no. is 1263315. Gold filled.

Luca

2. doug sinclair

doug sinclair Registered User

Aug 27, 2000
    Calgary, Alberta
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    You have posted to a thread that has been inactive for almost one year. I have sent you a private message suggesting you contact the original poster (Luca), and how to do it.

3. Dr. Jon

Dr. Jon Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Dec 14, 2001
    Aerospace Engineer
    New Hampshire
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Its an old thread but I amstill annoyed enough about my incident I'll bring it up again.

I had a registered package to Germany via DHL stolen and despite assuring me be phone that it was fully covered they offered me about $60 against the $850 value plus cost of giving it to them to steal. If the German post office uses DHL, it's clear to me where it got stolen

I do not buy from anyone who ships via DHL and i won't use any carrier affiliated with them.

My sympathy, I truly know how you feel.