• Upcoming updates
    Over the next couple of weeks we will be performing software updates on the forum. These will be completed in small steps as we upgrade individual software addons. You might occasionally see a maintenance message that will last a few minutes at most.

If we anticipate an update will take more than a few minutes, we'll put up a notice with estimated time.

Thank you!

1943 Universal Geneve Compur

Timothy Davis

Feb 22, 2011
Country
Im looking for a diagram that shows how all the parts go together on this watch anybody know where I can get one

Redundant

Dec 30, 2007
Timothy, I would think that the Compur is not unlike any Universal Geneve Chronograph with two registers.... Only difference is the dial?
So maybe broaden the search?
Good Luck, M

sderek

Jan 8, 2009
USA
Country
Region
You'll have to determine the caliber number. It should be a 3 digit number stamped into one of the plates of the movement. You may then be able to look it up on the Cousin's website.

Here is a brief description of how to do this: "Technical Guides and Manuals: http://www.cousinsuk.com/ A. Shild, A. Shield, Citizen, ETA, ISA, LeCoultre, Omega, Rolex, Seiko, many others. Just type in the caliber number you're looking for in the search field, click "search" then on the next page, click the tab "document matches" underneath the search field. or click here to search by manufacturer (this is nowhere near as fast) http://www.cousinsuk.com/document/category/4.aspx "

The best resource I've found for servicing vintage chronographs is the Esembl-o-graf series of books by William Smith. The NAWCC library has a set and it is also available on eBay as a cd. There are detailed drawings and assembly and disassembly instructions as well as toubleshooting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jabberwalky
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Swiss Fake by Kent