Help 1930s Seth Thomas Chime 52 Mantle help needed with broken bezel

captainclock

Mar 4, 2013
Elkhart, Indiana
Country
Region
Hello everyone, several years back I picked up from a local flea market a 1930s vintage Seth Thomas Chime 52 Mantle Clock that unfortunately the bezel was broken on it (it seems to of been made of pot metal that was painted a gold color to make it look like solid cast brass) and it looked like it had been broken several times before because I saw signs that there was previous repairs made to this clock's bezel in times past and I was was hoping to try and repair the clock and possibly re-sell it or perhaps if I liked well enough just keep it, but I've not had much luck trying to find a replacement bezel for this clock (its actually missing several of the original mounting screws for the dial and for the movement.)

Any ideas as to where I might source a new bezel for this clock? I just need the bezel, the original glass for the bezel is still intact (its not broken) and the orignal dial pan is still intact as well.

see pictures below.

Thanks for your help.

Seth Thomas Chime No. 52.jpg

Seth Thomas Chime No. 52 close up of broken bezel.jpg

wow

NAWCC Member
Jun 24, 2008
Pineville, La. (central La.)
Country
Region
If you will provide exact measurements, someone may have one in their parts collection. Otherwise, I would check eBay regularly.

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region
You might be able to hard solder it without too much ugliness. If you don't have the materials, you could have a local jeweler solder if for you.

captainclock

Mar 4, 2013
Elkhart, Indiana
Country
Region
If you will provide exact measurements, someone may have one in their parts collection. Otherwise, I would check eBay regularly.
I measured it and its about 6-1/4" in diameter, the part that the bezel attaches to and the dial sets inside is 6-1/8" in diameter, and I would need both as the hinge mounting hardware on the dial surround is busted so you can't unscrew the hinge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
richarddhart
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-