1929 Ingraham Mantel Clock Model #?

Discussion in 'Your Newest Clock Acquisition' started by dashley, Sep 10, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. dashley

dashley Registered User
    Donor

Apr 30, 2015
    Tennesse
    Country Flag:
    Hi,

I've just purchased a Ingraham Mantle Clock at a local Flea Market. The movement was out of it and it looks like someone got quite a surprise when they took the nuts off the plates and tried to pull it apart. Two wheels slightly bent but all the pieces are there. The sprigs were completely unwound. The plate is stamped with the usual Ingraham markings 7/29, the mounting holes match up and age marks also. I'm going to go with that this movement belongs with this case. There are no labels on the clock to identify the model name. I've been to all my usual places online and can't pin this one down. Any hep identifying the model will be greatly appreciated.

-dan

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Steven Thornberry

Steven Thornberry User Administrator
    NAWCC Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Country Flag:
    It has the appearance of the Carmen as shown from the 1911 catalogue in Tran Duy Ly's book on Ingraham clocks (arlingtonbooks.com). It was 15" long at the base and 11 inched high. However, the Carmen was first offered in 1909 and last offered in 1914. Nonetheless, some discontinued models were carried on the price lists until the stock was depleted even though they were not shown in the catalogues. If this is the Carmen (do the dimensions match, even if not exactly?), this might be one of those discontinued models. See, for example, what I had to say about my Cabinet A in post 118 of the permanent Ingraham thread.

3. dashley

dashley Registered User
    Donor

Apr 30, 2015
    Tennesse
    Country Flag:
    #3 dashley, Sep 11, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
    Hi,

Interesting information. Thanks. I've included the measurements in the image below. I'm not sure which is the standard way to measure so I've included a couple of reference points. I'm guessing to not include the feet in the measurement is the correct way. I so the measurements differ from those you mentioned. Perhaps the image below will help. Also added a couple of images that offer a better look at the pillars and clock case details.[​IMG][​IMG]

Thanks Again

-dan

[​IMG]

4. Steven Thornberry

Steven Thornberry User Administrator
    NAWCC Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Country Flag:
    The measurements you show are close enough to think it might be the Carmen. I have found that the catalogue measurements are often enough approximate, whereas the actual measurements of any model might vary somewhat from the catalogue measurements.