1910-1920s Simplex T-10 Parts or Repairs

Discussion in 'Electric Horology' started by JWJS, Jan 16, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. JWJS

JWJS New Member

Jan 16, 2019
    Male
    Country Flag:
    #1 JWJS, Jan 16, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2019
    I have a Simplex T-10 Time Recorder from the 1920's that we are working to restore to full working order. I think we are missing what is called the Rubbers Hammer Tips. That is what it is referenced as in a user instruction guide. It is a small part that would need to be occasionally changed and would be where the hammers hit to record the date and time on a card. I am hoping someone can help me find the part or point me in the right direction. The clock keeps great time and everything else seems to be working. - - Thanks

Clock1.JPG

2. David S

David S Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Male
    Professional Engineer - Retired
    Brockville, On Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Welcome to the forum.

You may get better response over in the electrical horology sub forum. Simplex Time Recorders often come up there and I am sure someone will help.

Perhaps a moderator can move this over there.

David

3. JWJS

JWJS New Member

Jan 16, 2019
    Male
    Country Flag:
    Update as I continue to research . . . I think the part we are looking for is referred to in a "General Instructions" guide as the "Rubbers Hammers Tips." The instruction said the Rubbers frequently wear out and need to be replaced. It is held in place by two small cotter pins so was meant to be replaced. That is the part we are looking for.

4. caperace

caperace Registered User

Nov 1, 2006
    Male
    Country Flag:
    Hi, if you are still looking for a hammer rubber, you can contact me a jamestlane@gmail.com. I might be able to help,can you send a picture, I never saw this model with cotter pins, it was normally 1 brad that held it in place.