18S Pocket watch case part?

Leo Ross

Feb 23, 2021
Rising Sun, Indiana
Country
Region
I have an old 18 S pocket watch case. I need the grommet that the bow rests on. The case has one on one side and then just a big hole on the other side. I’m not sure if grommet is the right term but it is the object that the bow rests on , on either side of the pendant. Here is a picture of the pendant with the big hole, please help

image.jpg image.jpg

musicguy

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2017
New York State
Country
Moving thread to watch repair for best answers.

Rob

Skutt50

Mar 14, 2008
Gothenburg
Country
There used to be assortments of these "bushings?" for sale. I don't know if they are available today. I have a couple of said assortments but can not help you since I am away from my workplace..... (Corona prevention)

They are also easy to make if you can find someone with a lathe but that person will need to have access to the case (and bow) or correct dimmensions.

Do you have the bow?
There might be more answers if we know where you are located.

I think the best solution would be to locate a watchmaker for solving this.

musicguy

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2017
New York State
Country

Paul_S

NAWCC Member
Mar 27, 2015
North Carolina
Country
I have an old 18 S pocket watch case. I need the grommet that the bow rests on. The case has one on one side and then just a big hole on the other side. I’m not sure if grommet is the right term but it is the object that the bow rests on , on either side of the pendant. Here is a picture of the pendant with the big hole, please help

View attachment 645043 View attachment 645044
Have a look at Cousins UK's "Bushes for Pocketwatch Bows" :)

Leo Ross

Feb 23, 2021
Rising Sun, Indiana
Country
Region
There used to be assortments of these "bushings?" for sale. I don't know if they are available today. I have a couple of said assortments but can not help you since I am away from my workplace..... (Corona prevention)

They are also easy to make if you can find someone with a lathe but that person will need to have access to the case (and bow) or correct dimmensions.

Do you have the bow?
There might be more answers if we know where you are located.

I think the best solution would be to locate a watchmaker for solving this.
I am located in rising Sun Indiana which is only about half an hour to Cincinnati and 25 minutes to Harrison Ohio. I think the NAWCI was originally based in Harrison Ohio?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fed1984
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Weekly News 7/7/19 by Tom McIntyre